Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Provides general psychiatric/medical care and treatment to consumers in the clinic and in outpatient programs as assigned. Conducts initial assessments of new consumers; prescribes medications within standards of psychiatric care. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals and facilitates transition within and between care settings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides health evaluations for clients and manages medical conditions in collaboration with the psychiatrist and primary clinician
• Prescribes medications and otherwise facilitates medication management of physical conditions in coordination with the treating psychiatrist and with a working knowledge of psychiatric medications
• Consults with the psychiatrist and primary clinician on a regular basis to effectively address physical and mental health needs of consumers
• Provides health education and teaches health promotion activities to consumers experiencing physical and psychiatric illnesses
• Documents treatment and medications prescribed and/or administered per Agency standards
• Provides psychiatric emergency intervention and management for consumers
• Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings to coordinate care for clients
• Refers consumers to additional health resources as appropriate
• Attends staff meetings, workshops, and seminars to learn Agency policy, rules, regulations, and procedures; participates in on-going in-service training as well as required external training.
• Must complete all in-service and external training requirements
• Maintains core competencies in relation to working with co-occurring disorders through continuing education and implementing skills into all aspects of treatment
• Assists in the development and implementation of programmatic goals and objectives
• Supports and assists with the facilitation of Care Plans for consumers within the Red Rock Health Team
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse and recognized by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Psych and Mental Health
• Working knowledge of psychiatric conditions, medications, and treatments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• General skill in exercising independent judgment, tact, patience, and understanding; maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other staff, and the community
• Commitment to the mission of Red Rock BHS
• Four years relevant experience preferred
• Clinical supervisory experience preferred
• Experience working with a Community Mental Health population preferred
• Must have the ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
• Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
• Ability to use telephone, PC, fax machine, copy machine, and printer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
Click HERE to Apply Now!