The Case Manager is part of a multidisciplinary clinical team who serves as the bridge between clinical services and essential community resources. The Case Manager facilitates direct referrals for housing, employment, healthcare, legal, educational, peer-support and all other essential community-based needs for clinic clients. The Case Manager manages referral partnerships by continuous engagement post-referral, ensuring the provision of quality care. The Case Manager assists the clinical team in understanding resources and needs within the clients’ community.
- Providing comprehensive case management to veterans and their families who are seeking mental health services.
- Interviewing veterans and their family members.
- Providing appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Preparing and maintaining confidential case records.
- Consulting with service providers and community partners on resource-related issues.
- Ensuring confidentiality and controlling access to sensitive information.
- Collaborating with clinical team to perform risk management and crisis intervention services as necessary.
- Developing a network of trusted contacts within organizations in which to refer and coordinate care.
- Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Ensuring care follow-up procedures to ensure veterans and/or their family received the services they were referred to and do not have any follow up needs.
- Assisting veterans and their family members to navigate service providers across multiple systems of care.
- Providing services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergenci Ability to adapt to change. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word , and Excel.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems.
- Ability to maintain boundaries.
- Ability to assist veterans in developing a budget.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behavior.
- Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions .
- Knowledge of case management services and community resources.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ year’s case management experience; 3+ years preferred. 2+ years in a customer service focused environment.
- Knowledge of /experience working with local social service, public health, and VSO organizations and resources.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership capacity and ability to foster team-building and a supportive, flexible environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills .
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check.
Click HERE to Apply Now: