The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Department of Psychiatry has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Case Manager position. A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family are responsible for performing a wide range of professional duties to support the university’s teaching, research and/or service missions through the provision of health and wellness services, dealing with general, indirect patient care operations and management of healthcare services. Functions include hospital administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, patient relations, operational services, admissions, and medical records. Includes professional assignments in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, counseling and behavioral health, public health, dietetics and nutrition, other allied health fields, alternative medicine and therapies, and related disciplines.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The University of Colorado is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) – Case Manager (Healthcare Senior Professional). This role will serve as part of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (located in the Denver Tech Center) by managing out-referrals of patients to long-term care providers, other behavioral healthcare providers, and social service providers, as needed.
- This position is not expected to provide individual therapeutic services but may facilitate individual and group support services. This position is estimated to support ~250 patients/year or ~70 patients at a time (based on expected utilization levels). Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide comprehensive case management to Veterans (including other military-connected individuals), and their families who are seeking a broad range of mental health and social services,
- Conduct interviews with veterans and their family members to better understand needs, and provides appropriate referrals as necessary,
- Prepare and maintain confidential case records,
- Consult with service providers and community partners on resource-related issues,
- Ensure confidentiality and control access to sensitive information,
- Develop networks of trusted contacts within organizations in which to refer and coordinate care,
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings,
- Follow care follow up procedures to ensure veterans and/or their family received and were satisfied with the services they were referred to including additional follow up needs, and
- Assist veterans and their family members navigating service providers across multiple systems of care.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in health, human services, psychology, counseling, social work, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience independently conducting the duties of the position mentioned above.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Five or more years of experience providing case management services.
- Experience working with Veteran and/or Military populations including low-income and homeless veterans and their families.
- Experience working in a mental health clinic.
- Knowledge of and experience working with local social service, public health, mental health, and Veteran Service Organizations and other veteran-based organizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies, adapt to change, and respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to maintain boundaries.
- Ability to assist veterans in developing a budget.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Knowledge of case management services and community resources.
Special Instructions to Applicants: *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references.
Questions should be directed to Cori Tiffany at Cori.Tiffany@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 — DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS – 21384 – SOM-PSYCH-Depression GenOps
Position Number: 00735956