Clinic Communications Manager
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a 501(c)(3) not for profit philanthropic organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support for post-9/11 veterans and their families. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
Clinic Communications Manager:
The Cohen Veterans Network seeks to hire an experienced, versatile communication and marketing professional to develop and deliver on social media, earned media and outreach to help raise awareness and understanding of our brand and service offering. In this role you will help to raise awareness of several Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinics in the communities the network serves. This includes supporting the development of targeted media relations campaigns to spur new client activity at the clinics and help build the brand of the Cohen Veterans Network throughout the country.
In addition to executing on the day-to-day communications and marketing for several of CVN’s clinics, the manager will also work on network-level projects as assigned in a collaborative newsroom-style environment.
The Communications Manager will work closely with CVN’s Vice President of Communications & Public Relations on significantly increasing positive media coverage of CVN from the ground level on up and overall share of voice. Ideally, the candidate will also be a strong writer both in the areas of media relations and other communications (internal, partner, executive communications, etc.)
- Plan and execute on a cohesive strategy for several Cohen Clinics around the country, inclusive of social media, news media, events and targeted awareness efforts.
- This position will service several Cohen Clinics on the west coast and is expected to operate on Pacific Time.
- Build close working relationships with the Clinic Directors, Outreach Managers and other staff at each Cohen Clinic as assigned.
- Outreach, relationship building and pitching of key journalists on local market level.
- A high energy connector capable of developing relationships with local and national journalists in healthcare, military and veterans space.
- Proactive pitching of key local media to generate favorable profiles of the Cohen Clinics as told through client stories.
- Manage third-party vendors as needed.
- Manage a high-profile grand opening event for each Cohen Clinic as assigned.
- Produce monthly reports on overall impact.
- A skilled writer, develop drafts of key materials from press releases, media statements, backgrounders, etc., as well as executive, internal and marketing communications.
- Contribute to email newsletters to share the CVN message with a variety of audiences, including internal staff, board of directors and the general public.
- Five+ years in working in media relations
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Collaboration skills as part of a nimble and fast-moving team
- Established media relationships in core areas of interest to CVN helpful
- Experience or working knowledge in veterans/military content and/ or the medical/mental health field is helpful