Virginia Beach, VA
Position: Clinical Coordinator:
For The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center
Date: December 14, 2020
Supervisees: Residents and/or Interns, Intake Coordinators, Case Managers
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Clinical Coordinator serves as an Evidence Based Practice Champion on an interdisciplinary team. Focused on providing a compassionate, individually tailored and holistic approach to outpatient mental health treatment for veterans and their family members, the Clinical Coordinator must be creative and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial-like environment that is mission-focused, community-oriented and results-driven.
The Clinical Coordinator will provide targeted, evidence-based treatment to veterans and their families in adherence to the CVN clinical model. In addition to direct clinical care, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivery of quality clinical services through the provision of supervision, case consultation, and mentoring to unlicensed clinicians in cognitive behavioral therapy and other time-limited, manualized interventions. The Clinical Coordinator will be a full-time employee and report directly to the Lead Clinician.
- Provide a targeted number of hours of direct service for veterans and their families at the Military Family Clinic.
- Deliver targeted, evidence-based assessment and treatment of mood disorders, PTSD, adjustment disorders, and child behavioral disorders in the context of individual, couples, family and group therapy to adults, adolescents and children
- Perform and document client screenings, biopsychosocial assessments, progress and referral information.
- Collaborate and coordinate care with caregivers, physicians, case managers and all other disciplines to ensure delivery of a holistic model of care.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Oversee and supervise intake process to include staffing clinical intake assessments, case assignments and other clinical protocols on veterans and family members as indicated
- Oversee and supervise case management processes to ensure clients are connected to valuable resources in the community
- Lead weekly clinical supervision groups and individual clinical supervision meetings with unlicensed clinicians and interns to achieve the following:
- Facilitate clinical development that results in developing skills and competence in adherence to the clinic’s targeted treatment model
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of evidence-based treatment and practices by clinic staff in compliance with established protocol and policy.
- Review staff caseloads; contribute to developing strategies resulting in achieving targets for service delivery and utilization.
- Provide clinical review and consultation regarding treatment and other client issues, particularly with high-risk clients.
- Engage clinical staff and contribute to a collaborative learning environment.
- Remain informed about and contribute to monitoring program information and performance, resulting in adherence to program goals and objectives.
- Invite community mental health professionals to present during clinical meetings to facilitate clinical and professional development.
- Work closely with the Data Manager to provide staff relevant clinical data to inform process improvement
- Work with the Lead Clinician and the Clinic Director to establish training and professional development plans for unlicensed clinical staff
- Conduct administrative supervision of unlicensed clinicians and intake coordinators to include approving timesheets and PTO and ensure agency training is completed on time.
- Provide quality assurance and regulatory compliance of client files to ensure documentation is complete and accurate and submitted within 48 hours.
- Collaborate with and provide ongoing program recommendations and evaluations to the Clinic Director for continuous growth and quality.
- Through exercised leadership and commitment to ongoing education and professional improvement, contribute to CVN and The Up Center’s culture of peer consultation and collaboration.
- Demonstrate command of HIPAA and CARF and other applicable regulations and codes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Clinical skills for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Enthusiasm and passion for evidence-based treatment and targeted, time-limited interventions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Skillful in training others and developing staff.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Developed skill set for collaborating and generating creative problem solving with internal and external professionals and providers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills.
- Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), in Virginia, or
- Master’s degree in mental health counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Must possess a current license from appropriate Virginia State Board.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a clinical setting.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Experience across a range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include children, couples, and family treatment, preferred knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice, including manualized treatment modalities and measurement-based care
- Must have experience treating and diagnosing PTSD as well as co-morbid diagnoses (e.g., SUD, depression, anxiety), with evidence-based treatments and providing clinical supervision in these areas.
- Experience working with military populations and/or veterans is strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership capacity and ability to foster team-building as well as a supportive, flexible environment.
- Must be available and willing to work 1 late night a week as required to meet business needs.
- Must have proficient computer skills and command of Word and Excel,
- Must have a valid driver’s license, working cell phone, and meet background check requirements.
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click HERE to Apply Now!