University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine – Johnson Depression Center/ Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic
Job Title: Intake Coordinator
Position #00735971 – Requisition NUMBER
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Johnson Depression Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Intake Coordinator (Program Assistant I) position serving the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, located in the Denver Tech Center.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This class series uses two levels in the Professional Services Occupational Group and identifies positions which perform technical support and/or office manager work for the majority of the assignment. Technical support work involves assisting an administrator or other professional by applying knowledge of and/or interpreting basic principles, rules, regulations, policies, precedents, other guidelines, and objectives specific to a program or professional subject area to resolve problems, answer questions and provide information, and/or advise others on technical program issues or matters. Office manager work in this series involves organizing and establishing work processes to ensure the delivery of program services and implement guidelines and objectives prescribed by management and which pertain to a program or professional subject area. Positions in this series make decisions on behalf of an administrator or other professional staff member and serve to commit the administrator or professional to specific action. Due to the nature of the technical work contemplated in this series, if it is not performed by a position in this series, it would revert to a position in a professional class in order to be accomplished.
Activities also include relieving an administrator of technical budget detail matters, such as: estimating/forecasting budget needs; preparing budget documents; overseeing compliance with budget guidelines; recommending adjustments to remain within overall budget limitations; and interpreting budget materials, guidelines, and processes. Other activities include: establishing and negotiating contracts with suppliers; determining the content of technical publications describing program operations; serving as the primary liaison between a work unit, staff, and program clientele by interpreting rules, regulations, policies, and other guidelines; and performing other comparable tasks which require applying knowledge of and/or interpreting basic principles, practices, rules, regulations, policies, and other guidelines specific to a program or professional subject area.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) – Intake Coordinator (Program Assistant I). This role will act as a first point of contact for patients, families, and referral sources seeking treatment at the Military Family Clinic located in the Denver Tech Center. The position will also provide primary clerical, operational and administrative support for the Military Family Clinic management, faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen and triage incoming inquiries from patients and referral sources to the Clinic.
- Schedule initial appointments with Veterans and /or family members and offer referrals to external providers when necessary.
- Coordinate case assignment with MFC multi-disciplinary team.
- Document detailed intakes in electronic health records and other databases as needed.
- Meet regularly with the Clinic Director to coordinate case assignments, client activities, and report referral to admission conversion rate.
- Prepare reports and develop databases for the Clinic’s Leadership Team for tracking patients, repeat visits/consults, no shows, etc.
- Be active in and network with Veteran community groups. Provide presentations at various community groups within the greater metropolitan and surrounding area. Promote the success and reputation of the Military Family Clinic and its programs.
- Responsible for identifying processes in order centralized functions and for daily problem solving.
- Perform administrative clerical duties for the practice management faculty and staff:
- Assist in developing office procedures, operations, and standards, and evaluating office production and quality.
- Prepare treatment manuals and other clinical materials
- Maintain medical records and disseminate patient information/correspondence according to HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain and monitor maintenance among others in the practice of the confidentiality and privacy of patients.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $48,144 to $52,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Four (4) years of general clerical and administrative services experience, which includes one year of intake coordination.
- Current knowledge of the field of mental health, counseling, case management and other related social services.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the specific experience.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work outside normal working hours when case management needs arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a Social Services field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with Veteran and Military population highly preferred.
- Experience working in a medical practice.
- Mental health or medical office management experience.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A patient/customer oriented focus is critical for telephone triage and scheduling.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with many providers, who have many responsibilities other than patient care.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to represent the agency and respond professionally in all situations.
- Ability to negotiate clients down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
Ability to coordinate, prioritize and implement prioritize multiple demands.
- This individual is responsible for the timely and appropriate management of, access to, scheduling and authorization of Military Family Clinic clinical services.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of office management practices and techniques is required.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble and analyze information for reports or special projects, to make sound judgments, to act independently, and to maintain positive working relationships.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products—Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an office or a function within an office independently.
- Knowledge of and the skills necessary to conceptualize, organize and implement office management functions independently, such as evaluating office production and quality, and policies and procedures writing.
- Both written and oral communication both externally and internally will be key in this position the primary purpose of which will be information sharing. Because this person may be the first contact many external sources have with the Depression Center, good communication skills will be key to position.
Special Instructions to Applicants: *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Cori Tiffany at Cori.Tiffany@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 — Anschutz Medical Campus – 21384 – SOM-PSYCH-Depression GenOps
Posting Date: May 31, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cori Tiffany
Posting Contact Email: Cori.Tiffany@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00735971