At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Summary of Job:
The Case Manager is part of a multidisciplinary clinical team who serves as the bridge between clinical services and essential community resources. This person facilitates direct referrals for housing, employment, healthcare, legal, educational, peer-support and all other essential community-based needs for clinic clients. This person also manages referral partnerships by continuous engagement post-referral, ensuring the provision of quality care. The Case Manager assists the clinical team in understanding resources and needs within the clinic community and is estimated to support ~250 patients/year or 70 patients at a time (based on expected utilization levels).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive case management to veterans and their families who are seeking mental health services.
- Interviews veterans and their family members.
- Provides appropriate referrals and follow-up as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains confidential case records and documentation in the electronic health record.
- Consults with service providers and community partners on resource-related issues.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Collaborates with clinical team to perform risk management and crisis intervention services as necessary.
- Develops network of trusted contacts within organizations in which to refer and coordinate care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Establishes and maintains follow-up procedures to ensure veterans and/or their family received the services they were referred to and do not have any follow up needs.
- Assists veterans and their family members in navigating service providers across multiple systems of care.
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ year’s case management experience; 3+ years preferred. 2+ years in a customer service focused environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working with local social service, public health, and VSO organizations and resources.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership capacity and ability to foster team-building and a supportive, flexible environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Flexible and able to adapt to change. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint a plus. History of documenting within an electronic health record preferred.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Strong math skills. Ability to assist veterans in developing a budget.
- Crisis management skills preferred.
- Knowledge of case management services and community resources.
Time Type: Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Career Development and Growth:
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Tuition Reimbursement (subject to budget and region/state policy)
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.