Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports to: Data Scientist
About Cohen Veterans Network:
The Cohen Veterans Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation whose mission is to improve the quality of life for post-9/11 veterans and their families by focusing on improving mental health outcomes. The goal of the Cohen Veterans Network is to build a network of free or low-cost outpatient mental health clinics for veterans and their families in high-need communities, in which trained clinicians deliver holistic evidence-based care to treat mental health conditions, especially post-traumatic stress.
As a Member of the Team, You Will:
The Tableau Administrator will play a key role in the advancement of the veterans’ mental health field by implementing, developing and maintaining Tableau Dashboards for Central Office and Clinics. This position will report directly to the Data Scientist.
Responsibilities of the Tableau Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in planning and implementation of a Tableau server solution for CVN Central Office and Clinics.
- Perform installation, migration and upgrade of Tableau Server and Desktops under High Availability scenario.
- Serve as Tableau Server admin to perform user provisioning, server performance management, license management, and version upgrades.
- Create Tableau related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Work with business units to define requirements, use various data sources to develop and publish Tableau workbooks that best suits business needs.
- Design, develop, and publish Tableau workbooks in Tableau Desktop and Server environment.
- Assist in developing best practices and user adoption strategies, develop and design innovative approaches to view and interact with data visualization for Business Analysis.
- Conduct group and individual, in-person and remote Tableau training sessions for staff members. Provide go-live support for central office and clinics.
- Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- Strong problem-solving skills. You need to be able to solve any problems that arise during the development stage and find alternative ways around issues.
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting- edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and superb customer service skills
- Problem solver and self-starter who is resourceful and takes initiative
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently
- Capable of simultaneously maintaining a big picture view while being highly detail oriented
- Extremely organized with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Minimum 2 years of Tableau Server administration
- Minimum 4 years of Windows Server administration
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Proficient in Tableau command line utility
- Development experience in the Tableau environment
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer and Network firewall
- Experience configuring Single Sign-on (SSO) with SAML authentication
- Good understanding of database concepts including writing SQL statements
- Experience working in mental health or community health systems a plus
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Experience with HIPAA regulated data a plus
- Experience with Azure a plus
- Experience with Data Warehouse and ETL tools a plus