Silver Spring, MD
Clinic Receptionist – Silver Spring, MD
Easterseals DC MD VA & the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Clinic Receptionist. The Clinic provides evidence-based mental health and related support services to veterans, Guard/Reserves and their families as well as the families of active duty. Be a key member and provide exceptional customer service to external and internal customers! Job requires 1-3 years office experience and great customer service and communications skills.
- Ensuring that multi-line telephone system is monitored and answered in promptly and professionally:
- Routing incoming calls to the appropriate party
- Ensuring messages are complete, accurate and transmitted to the appropriate person
- Screening calls as needed
- Completing initial collection of contact and demographic information for prospective clients
- Welcoming and greeting visitors in a friendly and professional manner. Determining the nature of the visit, who they need to speak with and promptly notifying the appropriate staff of the visitor’s arrival
- Knowledge of the clinic’s staff and what calls are referred to which staff member for efficient handling
- Knowledge of the purpose and general operation of programs offered by the clinic and the ability to intelligently communicate this information to customers and visitors
- Responsible for scheduling client appointments
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance in wait area, children’s playroom and front desk.
- Receive and sign for deliveries and notify recipient
- Perform administrative duties and/or other duties assigned in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain clinic security by locking and unlocking doors and monitoring security cameras
Critical Competencies for Success
· Exceptional Communicator: Communicate clearly and effectively written and verbally. Be friendly and positive.
· Composure: Respond in a professional manner in all situations. Remain calm in difficult situations/emergencies.
· Decision Making: Set work priorities, evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems. Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions.
· Organization: Ability to plan and to keep on-ongoing projects organized and files maintained accurately.
· Multitasker: Juggle multiple tasks to meet the needs of our customers and the clinic team simultaneously.
· Technical: Know administrative functions and support.
· Veteran or military family member strongly preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1-3 years’ medical office experience
· Excellent customer service
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications ( Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and PowerPoint)
· Proof-reading skills and 60 WPM typing with 98% accuracy
· Work independently and as part of a team; anticipate problems and generate solutions; and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients
· Highly organized and able to multi-task in a busy office environment
Easterseals DC MD VA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Would you like to apply to this job?