Clinical Information Systems Manager
As a Member of the Clinical Information Systems Team, You Will:
Play a key role in the advancement of the veterans’ mental health field by leading design, implementation, training and support on CVN’s network‐wide Electronic Health Record (EHR). This position will report directly to the Clinical Information Systems Director.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Information Systems Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the Clinical Information Systems Director to develop, implement and manage the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and related health information systems in new and existing clinics, to ensure a lean standard implementation of initial setup, customization, user acceptance testing, end user training and go‐live support. Functional areas include, but are not limited to, clinical documentation, e-prescribe, telehealth, referred care, third party billing, client registration and patient portal.
- Work with vendor(s) to ensure system configuration and design meets required network setup, business rules, and clinical needs to eliminate delays or errors in implementation.
- Work in cohesion with leadership team to ensure any system changes are aligned with network priorities.
- Collaborate with the internal data analytics team to ensure access to enterprise data to develop reporting structures, assisting in access to servers and re-evaluating data capture methods to remain current and efficient.
- Serve as a primary EHR trainer, providing group and individual training for new incoming staff and re‐training for current staff.
- Support maintenance of documentation on processes, policies, system configuration, training guides and help related materials for end users.
- Work with EHR vendor to coordinate all future system development such as testing of new or changed functionality, upgrades to new software, updates to documentation workflows, or new versions of forms.
- Stay abreast of EHR system functionality and available enhancements, work with team to assess and implement tools and processes that further organizational goals.
- Work collaboratively in a multi‐disciplinary team to directly support up to 7 clinics, serving as the primary point of contact for their EHR environment for training, data compliance, system assistance and support.
- Manage Help Desk ticketing system that supports Clinics on EHR requests, questions and issues, to include:
- Provide timely, helpful and consistent responses and resolutions to all inquiries
- Provide effective support when interacting with end users to diagnose and problem
- solve issues
- Direct tasks to appropriate internal staff or EHR Vendor as necessary
- Support maintenance of knowledge base and all FAQ documentation
- Track usage reports (e.g. top submitters, top types of incidents, and frequency of tickets) to evaluate efficiency, system pain points, areas to retrain; make short‐term and long‐term recommendations on ways to address
- Identify and coordinate efforts to correct deficiencies and errors that occur in the EHR
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative
- ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small but important things that other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your
- approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting‐edge
- developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic,
- and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical or Health Record Systems required
- Experience with Healthcare system integrations strongly preferred
- Experience with commercial integration engines, API development, telehealth platforms a plus
- Experience with privacy and security practices, including HIPAA
- Experience leading small teams
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products
- Ability to train/present to small to medium size groups with diverse experience levels, both in-person and virtually [CVN is currently only providing remote trainings]
- Problem solver and self-starter who is resourceful, takes initiative and meets deadlines
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently
- Extremely organized with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in mental health or community health systems a plus
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
The programs and initiatives of Cohen Veterans Network are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive, and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. CVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. In order to attract and retain a high‐performance workforce, Cohen Veterans Network offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefits package, and salary that is commensurate with industry standards.
*This position requires access to Protected Health Information (PHI) in order to carry out identified job responsibilities. The type of PHI to which this position will have access, and any conditions on such access must be approved and documented prior to receiving such access.
Click HERE to Apply Now!