New York, NY
The Department of Psychiatry is seeking a Clinical Psychologist to join the multidisciplinary team at the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic (MFC) at NYU Langone.
The Psychologist will be responsible for providing assessment and treatment to veterans and military families, including children and other family members seen at the MFC face to face and via telemental health platform. The Psychologist will work closely with the MFC’s clinical team in a collaborative way, presenting cases, and giving and receiving feedback on the clinical work. The Psychologist will have training and experience in assessment and treatment of trauma, posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, and other mental health problems as well as family therapy and child therapy. The Psychologist will be involved in teaching and supervising the trainees at the MFC, including psychology externs, social work interns, and psychiatry residents. The Psychologist will also be encouraged to engage in professional development by attending trainings and conferences.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and military children and other family members presenting at MFC;
- Provide mental health treatment to patients at the MFC face to face and via telemental health platform;
- Attend weekly MFC clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings;
- Provide presentations and supervision to trainees at the MFC;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Consideration will be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Ph.D., Psy.D., degree in clinical, counseling psychology or related field
- NYS license required
- Training and experience with veterans and military families is preferred
- Knowledge in DSM-5 diagnoses is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable
Interested applicants, please contact:
Irina Wen, Ph.D.
Clinic Director, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic
NYU Langone Medical Center
One Park, 8th Floor, Rm # 8-103
Tel. 646.754.4743; Fax. 646.754.4770