Clinical Supervisor (LCSW-C)
Silver Spring, MD
Easterseals DC MD VA and the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Clinical Supervisor (LCSW-C) to provide direct counseling services + evidence-based care for clients of the clinic. The position requires a Master’s in Social work; licensed or license-eligible to practice in MD, DC, VA and WV; 5 years in in an outpatient clinical setting; cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) skills; counseling trauma and PTSD; and a strong work history. Experience working with military population preferred.
Responsibilities – Clinical Care
- Provide direct, evidenced-based CBT-informed mental health services and referrals for veterans and their families.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members
- Provide individual, couples, and family therapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments
- Provide treatment in compliance with state and federal guidelines and Center policies, protocols and procedures
Responsibilities – Administration, Management, and Operations
- Collaborate and coordinate with caregiver, physician, director, case management and other necessary disciplines to provide the best care to patients
- Manage full caseload of veteran and family members. Complete accurate documentation in electronic health record.
- Actively participate in weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Provide clinical supervision to junior social work staff or graduate students. Eligible for supervision certification in MD.
Responsibilities – Skills
Exceptional Clinician: Proven capacity to deliver results through short-term therapy programs. Ability to identify and assess high-risk veterans or family members and provide appropriate acute care intervention.
Exceptional Communicator: Communicate effectively verbally and written. Present a positive and friendly demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, and clinic support personnel, funders and the public. Develop/give oral presentations.
Decision Maker: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Success in a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred. Experience working with military populations preferred
- Master in Social Work and license to practice as a Social Worker: LCSW-C
- Licensed or license-eligible to practice in Maryland, Virginia, DC, and West Virginia
- 5 years in an outpatient clinical setting (may include graduate practicums, field placements, or internship)
- Extensive experience and training in providing cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Experience working with or managing the care of adults, children, couples, and families
- Experience with trauma/PTSD diagnosis, treatment, and counseling
- Experience in providing clinical supervision
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses. Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of HIPPA and HITECH
- Ability to learn and appropriately use the electronic health record (EHR)
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Click HERE to Apply!