The MFC Remote Virtual Clinician will provide Telehealth treatment to Veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families from a remote location e.g., home or other private office. The clinician will have training and experience in trauma and Post Traumatic Stress and will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy through a virtual platform, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBP’s: PE, CBT and CPT is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct treatment services for Veterans and their families virtually. Conduct clinical intake assessments on Veterans and family members as needed. Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy via a Telehealth platform to clients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Documents clinical practices for each client in Electronic Health Records including: screenings, biopsychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Collaborates and coordinates with caregivers, physicians, medication management, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to clients as needed. Engages in training activities to improve professional services.
- Attend weekly MFC clinical supervision, and administrative meetings.
- *Special considerations for attending clinic meetings in person or virtually will be addressed on a case by case basis through a negotiated work contract and will be dependent on geographical location of the Remote Virtual Clinician’s office.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to “Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.” Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION: Have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program (Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology); or a Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years’ experience. Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required; Knowledge in DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required; Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBP’s: PE, CBT and CPT is required. Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Experience providing Telehealth counseling services required.
LICENSES: Have and maintain a current Texas license to practice psychology, social work, professional counseling, or marriage and family therapy.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s license.
REMOTE PERSONAL PRIVATE OFFICE SPACE: Must have and maintain internet connection (at own cost) with adequate bandwidth and processing power to run Zoom Meeting Platform, private secure space where video and audio cannot be overheard or seen by others, adequate lighting for web camera to broadcast good quality image of provider, secure phone line (cell or landline) available during session. Private office space will be decorated in a professional manner vetted by direct supervisor.
*Note: Computer (with two video screens, keyboard, mouse, video camera, and headphones), and desk phone will be provided by employer.
OTHER: Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Employee should expect to work two evenings a week and some weekend days during the month to accommodate the schedules of the clients being served in addition to regularly scheduled hours.
Click HERE to Apply Now!