Virginia Beach, VA
With a multidisciplinary team of licensed clinicians, case manager, data manager, and an outreach, the clinic offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, active duty military, and their families. The Cohen Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
Under the general direction of the Lead Clinician, the Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to military families. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, family, and group therapy. The Clinician will have training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. The Clinician will be a full-time employee and report directly to the Lead Clinician.
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for military families.
- Perform and document clients’ screenings, psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, progress in treatment and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments with veterans, active duty military, and family members as needed.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the physician, psychiatrist, case manager, and all other disciplinary treatment team members as needed to provide the best care to clients.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Work 2-3 late evenings a week to accommodate the schedules of our clients being served in addition to regularly scheduled hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate exceptional exhibition of genuine interest, creativity, and flexibility in creating an environment where the client can explore their concerns and learn new coping skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all applicable members of the family in coordinating care.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, active duty military, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of clinical decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work-related challenges.
- Interest, desire, and passion for providing high-quality evidence-based, time-limited care.
- A Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); or a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Psychology (Psy.D,) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and knowledge of the social, cognitive and physical development of children and adolescents is required.
- Knowledge in DSM-V diagnoses and experience in evidenced-based treatment of common childhood diagnoses is required.
- Certification or documented proficiency in CBT and/or other evidence-based practices is required.
- Knowledge of clinical services and resources in the community.
- Experience working with military populations and/or veterans is strongly preferred.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel; PowerPoint and Access a plus.
- Must meet background check requirements.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have and maintain a working cell phone.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates.
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Click HERE to Apply Now!