Senior Manager, Clinical Practice
Silver Spring, MD Stamford, CT
Position Name: Senior Manager, Clinical Practice
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Stamford, CT
Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports to: Director, Training & Clinical Practice
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support, with a particular focus on post-traumatic stress as well as other mental health conditions. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
About the Role:
CVN is looking for a motivated, highly-organized, self-starter who can carry out all essential tasks of a growing program. Sr. Manager of Clinical Practice would be responsible for facilitating clinical practice initiatives across a national network of outpatient mental health clinics serving veterans and military families. Ideal candidate must have experience in the delivery and implementation of evidence-based psychotherapy practice. Additionally, the candidate should have broad knowledge of suicide prevention and risk assessment, and experience supervising or consulting for diverse clinical teams. CVN is looking for a professional with the ability to manage network-wide clinical process changes, support clinical practice improve, and work Central Office business lines to implement programs while evaluating impact.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing clinic data to identify clinical best practices and disseminate through the network
- Support and guidance for network-wide use of clinical practices, including evidence-based practice and measurement-based care
- Organizing and implementing clinical practice changes across the network to include identifying clinic-based best practices and facilitating dissemination across the network
- Management of Clinical Risk Review and other patient safety work product
- Real-time consultation to improve practice related issues
- Periodic site visits to improve practice related issues
- Management of Measurement Based Care initiatives to facilitate systematic use of measurement in clinical decision-making and treatment planning
- Moderate travel required
- 5+ years clinical practice experience in Mental Health
- Significant background (research or practice) in evidence-based practice conventions
- 2+ year managing projects or programs
- Ability to understand clinical data and patient outcomes
- MSW, MPH, PsyD or PhD, in Social Work, Public Health or Psychology or related field
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Moderate travel required
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.