Clinical Quality Manager
Silver Spring, MD Stamford, CT
Position Name: Clinical Quality Manager
Location: Silver Spring , MD or Stamford, CT
Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Clinical Programs
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support, with a particular focus on post-traumatic stress as well as other mental health conditions. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
About this Role:
CVN is looking for a motivated, highly-organized, self-starter who can carry out all essential tasks of a growing program. The Clinical Programs Manager will be an essential part of a cross-departmental clinical quality support effort, assisting a national network of mental health clinics implement and sustain high quality care. As a Clinical Quality Manager, you will be an essential member of a cross-departmental team offering process improvement and change management support to a cohort of outpatient mental health clinics.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and implementing clinical policies and procedures across the network
- Assessment of clinical practices and support of process improvement activities to ensure timely access and high-quality care
- Support and guidance for clinics through initial and ongoing maintenance of CARF accreditation
- Utilization of clinical data to support clinics increase quality, access and patient safety
- Continuous support of quality improvement and assurance activities in outpatient mental health clinics
- Periodic site visits
- Implementation support for new clinical processes and practices
- Maintaining a close awareness of each clinic’s unique programs, staffing, data, practices, community needs and client outcomes
- Utilizing data and dashboards to support practice and process improvement initiatives in clinics and across the network
- 2+ years clinical experience in Mental Health
- Significant knowledge of evidence-based practice conventions
- Demonstrable history of training in evidence-based practices (treatment and assessment)
- 2+ year managing projects or programs
- Ability to understand clinical data and patient outcomes
- MSW, MPH, PMHNP, PsyD or PhD, in Social Work, or Psychology, Public Health or Psychiatric Nursing or related field
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Moderate travel required
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.