Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Summary of Job: Will report to the Clinic Director. Provides psychiatric evaluation and on-going treatment. Ensures accuracy of diagnosis and appropriate pharmacological intervention. Monitors for medication side effects. Supports appropriate multi-disciplinary interventions. Maintains the electronic medical record. Performs all above tasks under the supervision of a licensed physician and assures appropriate documentation of supervision in compliance with State regulations. Interacts with other staff in a professional manner. Participates in urgent call rotation as requested. Attends specified clinic, medical staff, and educational meetings (see addendum for meetings). Maintains record of CME/Nursing CEUs and reviews appropriate current literature in nursing and in psychiatry.
This is a full-time position. This clinician will split their time between the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Centerstone and the Clarksville Centerstone Clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides psychiatric evaluations and follow-up to veterans and their family member patients, especially those impacted by the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, in a way that conforms to expectations derived from current clinical consensus superimposed on the standard of care.
Conducts mental status examinations.
Responsible for the diagnosis and psychotropic medication therapy and follow up of psychiatric disorders of clients.
Demonstrates adequate skills for performing traditional nursing duties as necessary.
Manages clinical data in a manner that enhances patient care and conforms to professional standards, including communication with other healthcare professionals.
Participates in formal weekly supervision and maintains records of physician supervision. When clinically indicated pursues additional supervision with physician and is responsive to that supervision.
Responds to patient and staff questions in a way that is both timely and helpful and ensures that other providers are kept informed of changes in the psychiatric condition/status of the individual receiving services.
Serves as an active participant in clinical staffing team meetings and communicates patient information as needed to therapists, case managers, nurses, and physicians, and to assist the team and the patient to develop an appropriate plan of service.
Attends annual medical staff meetings, quarterly medical staff meetings, and other clinical meetings as required.
Completes documentation in an accurate and timely manner using the electronic health record and reviews and approves discharge plans.
Coordinates referrals for higher levels of care.
Meets or exceeds targeted VPU percent
Compliance with annual KPI evaluations.
Master’s Degree in Nursing with certification as a psychiatric nurse practitioner from the ANCC and licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse. Has Certificate of Fitness (or initially, a temporary certificate) from the State of Tennessee granting prescribing authority in accordance with state laws. A DEA number is required for all current nurse practitioners. New hires must have applied for a DEA number prior to beginning work. Knowledge of DSM-IV/V diagnoses required. At least 24 months psychiatric experience with young adults and adults up to age 65 within the past 36 months. A minimum of 3 years minimum experience managing the treatment of veterans with PTSD and co-morbid diagnoses such as anxiety or substance abuse is required. Must be current in Basic Life Support (BLS); Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred. Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the use of Health Information Technology for Economic and clinical Health Act required. Veteran or military family member strongly preferred.
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.