Silver Spring, MD
Easterseals DC MD VA and the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Licensed Mental Health Clinician (LGSW/LCSW-C or LPC, LMFC). The position is long-term part-time temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent to provide direct counseling services + evidence-based care for clients of the clinic. The position requires a Master’s in Social work or Family Therapy, licensed in Maryland with potential to license in DC, VA or WV, plus training and experience in counseling trauma and PTSD with individual, couples, and family CBT therapy.
- Provide direct evidenced-based CBT-informed mental health services and referrals for veterans and their families.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members
- Provide individual, couples, and family to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments
- Provide treatment in compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as Center policies, protocols and procedures
Administration, Management, and Operations
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines, to provide the best care to patients
- Manage full caseload of veteran and family members. Complete accurate documentation in electronic health record.
- Actively participate in weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings
Exceptional Clinician: Proven capacity to deliver results through short-term therapy programs. Ability to identify and assess high-risk veterans or family members and provide appropriate acute care intervention.
Exceptional Communicator: Communicate effectively verbally and written. Present a positive and friendly demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, and clinic support personnel, funders and the public. Develop/give oral presentations.
Decision Maker: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Success in a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred. Experience working with military populations required
- Master in Social Work or Family Therapy
- License to practice as a Social Worker (LGSW, LCSW-C, etc.), or similar level of degree and training (LPC, LMFT, etc.).
- Licensed or license-eligible to practice in Maryland, with potential to license in DC, VA or WV
- 3 years in an outpatient clinical setting providing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Experience working with or managing the care of adults, children, couples, and families
- Experience and training in providing cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses. Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of HIPPA and HITECH
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
Easterseals DC MD VA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click HERE to Apply!