Virginia Beach, VA
The Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to military veterans and their family members as part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure coordinated care. The Clinician will receive cutting edge training, clinical supervision, and peer consultation with a highly competent team of professionals to provide the most effective treatments available to military-connected adults, couples and families.
A strong candidate for this position must have a deep understanding of how trauma and mental illness impacts a person’s and families’ ability to thrive. A good fit for this position will exemplify collaboration, exceptional communication, and a passion for learning and developing.
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their family members.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, progress and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments with veterans and family members.
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy to adults with varying mood disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD and adjustment disorders.
- Collaborate and coordinate care with caregivers, physicians, case managers, and all other multi-disciplinary workers to provide the best care to clients.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision and administrative meetings.
- Provide services in person and via telehealth platform.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional trauma-informed, client-centered approach promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in the provision of all clinical activities.
- Display interest, desire, and passion for providing high-quality, evidence-based, time-limited and targeted care.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Demonstrate ability to remain calm and maintain self-control during difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a new and fast-paced clinic environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of treatment recommendations.
- Set work priorities and evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems.
- Negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful, potentially threatening situations.
- Ability to guide clients to make appropriate life decisions.
A Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); or a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
- Must possess a current license from appropriate Virginia State Board.
- Minimum of three years’ experience.
- Knowledge in DSM-V diagnoses and treatment of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD, and adjustment disorders is required.
- Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBPs is required: Prolonged Exposure, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and/or Cognitive Processing Therapy.
- Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have proficient computer skills and command of Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check requirements.
- Must have and maintain a working cell phone.
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $34.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Master’s (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click HERE to Apply Now!