Silver Spring, MD
Easterseals DC MD VA and the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a long-term part time with the possibility of becoming permanent, LCSW-C Mental Health Clinician to provide direct counseling services + evidence-based care for clients of the clinic. The position requires a Master’s in Social work or Family Therapy, licensed in Maryland with potential to license in DC, VA or WV, plus training and experience in counseling trauma and PTSD with individual, couples, and family CBT therapy.
- Provide direct mental-health services to veterans and their families.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members
- Provide individual, couples, and family to patients, with a focus on delivering Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and other evidenced-based interventions.
Administration, Management, and Operations
- Provide treatment in compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as Center policies, protocols and procedures.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide the best care to patients
- Manage caseload of veteran and family members and complete accurate and timely documentation in the electronic health record (within 48 hrs of appt)
- Attend weekly MFC clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings
Exceptional Clinician: Proven capacity to deliver results through short-term therapy programs. Ability to identify and assess high risk veterans or family members and provide appropriate acute care intervention.
Exceptional Communicator: Communicate effectively verbally and written. Present a positive and friendly demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, and clinic support personnel, funders and the general public. Develop/give oral presentations.
Technical: Ability to learn and appropriately utilize the electronic health record.
Decision Making: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Success in a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred. Experience working with military populations required
- Master in Social Work or Family Therapy
- Licensed to practice in the state of Maryland. Licensed/-eligible to practice in Virginia, Washington DC, or West Virginia
- 2+ years in an outpatient clinical setting providing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Experience working with or managing the care of adults, children, couples, and families
- Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment. Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses
- Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
- Ability to work evening hours: 6p Mon/Tues and/or 8p Weds. Occasional weekends strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Word
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
Click HERE to Apply!