The Cohen Clinic at Penn is looking for a Communications Coordinator. S/he will report to the Clinic Director and work closely with our Outreach Manager. The Communications Coordinator will support several key public facing initiatives. S/he will develop and lead marketing and communications strategy, including media relations, social media management and analytics, email campaign development and monitoring, and facilitation of print materials / branded merchandise. Additionally, s/he will support the development and maintenance of external partnerships, by hosting partners during site visits, special event planning, and representing the clinic at key community outreach events. Finally, the Communications Coordinator will advance the clinic’s development and fundraising initiatives by identifying and applying for relevant grants, working with CVN and Penn Development to identify potential philanthropic donors, designing community engagement campaigns, and drafting donor and community facing communications to facilitate awareness and interest in supporting our mission.
- Education: Associate’s Degree and 2-3 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent writing competency and oral communication skills required; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages; strong proofreading and editing abilities
- Experience with social media management, branding, and analytics required
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Nonprofit advancement experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, a plus
- Experience or working knowledge with veterans/military content and/or the mental health field a plus
- Military Veterans, Military Spouses, and other Military Family Members are strongly encouraged to apply.