Counselor Licensed Social Worker
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker provides evidence-based care to veterans and their families. Care provided is culturally responsive. Opportunities for training and supervision are available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the job.
- Provides evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families.
- Performs and documents patients screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information. Conducts clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed. Provides individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attends weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Assists with training and research.
- Provision of occasional community presentations related to the mission of the clinic
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to establish positive and productive working relationships; Able to generate trust; Able and willing to give and receive honest, balanced feedback.
- Awareness of and responsiveness to cultural considerations including race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and religion/spirituality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, clinic support personnel, funders, and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Interest, desire and passion in providing high quality evidence-based, time-limited care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed clinical social worker with a masters degree in social work.
- Training and expertise in evidenced-based psychotherapies preferred.
- Experience across a range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include child, couples, family, and group treatment is preferred.
- Must have experience treating and diagnosing post traumatic stress as well as comorbid diagnoses (e.g., anxiety), with evidence-based treatments and providing clinical supervision in these areas.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- 3+ years of clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience utilizing an electronic health record is required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Interpret and apply all applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Skilled at using video therapy platforms (i.e. Zoom)
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current State of Texas licensure as LCSW. If licensed in another state, must obtain temporary Texas licensure and formal licensure within 6 months of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Travel is not required for this position although occasional travel opportunities may arise (i.e. attendance at conferences)
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not be unusually hot or cold.
HOURS OF RESPONSIBILITY: 40 hours in the time frame of Mon-Thurs 8:30 am to 8:30 pm; Fri 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Must include at least one evening and include Weds for all-staff meetings
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance up to $1500 per year
- Many other benefits
Click HERE to Apply Now!