Director, Corporate & Foundation Giving
Silver Spring, MD Stamford, CT
Position Details Position Name: Director, Corporate & Foundation Giving Status: Full Time – Exempt Reports to: Senior Vice President, Advancement Location: Stamford, CT or Silver Spring, MD
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a not for profit philanthropic organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support, with a particular focus on post-traumatic stress as well as other mental health conditions. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
CVN is seeking a seasoned and highly skilled Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving to join its expanding Advancement Team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Advancement, the Director is responsible for developing and managing a strategic plan for soliciting public foundations and the diverse corporate sector to support local as part of a long-term sustainment strategy. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As a Member of the Advancement Team, You Will:
- Designs, implements, and oversees a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate and public foundation relationships and building strategic partnerships
- Identifies emerging business leadership and corporate trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances
- Forecasts upcoming annual corporate and foundation application needs and deadlines
- Prepares and maintains calendar and schedule of operations for proposal submissions, applications and reports
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates, and solicits six-figure+ grants from public foundations
- Works closely with senior colleagues to create opportunities to build awareness among corporate and foundation constituencies to significantly expand positive strategic partnership and fundraising relationships.
- Develops highly competitive proposals and budgets for corporate and foundation prospects and leverages diverse corporate and foundation goals and preferences with CVN’s priorities and goals
- Maintains a rigorous schedule with corporate and foundation representatives, creating moves management plans, compelling presentations and comprehensive proposals and value propositions
- Monitors proposal deadlines, guides grantsmanship, and oversees submissions
- Ensures that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships
- Develops and implements record-keeping systems in Salesforce related to Foundation and Corporate Giving
- Develops and continually monitors revenue projections and financial analyses.
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small but important things that other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- Willingness to travel.
The programs and initiatives of Cohen Veterans Network are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive, and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. CVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Cohen Veterans Network offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefits package, and salary that is commensurate with industry standards.