Provides support to the Cohen Clinic as the first contact for services. The Intake Coordinator will conduct phone and face-to-face screenings and intakes on-site and off-site for veterans and their families. The Intake Coordinator will work with a multi-disciplinary team for case assignments, consultations and care coordination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct initial intakes with veterans and /or family member. Coordinate case assignment with Cohen Clinic multi-disciplinary team. Document detailed intakes on the electronic health records (EHR) system; maintain comprehensive client referral tracking system. Prepare reports as requested by Clinic Director and Outreach Manager.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Meet regularly with Outreach Manager and Lead Clinician to coordinate case assignments, client activities at satellite locations, report referral to admission conversion rate; Provide ongoing program evaluation and recommendations to the Outreach Manager and Clinic Director for continuous growth and quality.
- Be active in and network with veteran community groups. Provide presentations at various community groups within the greater metropolitan and surrounding area. Promote the success and reputation of the Cohen Clinic and its programs.
- Knowledge of local community resources and provide warm hand-offs for veterans and families needing external referrals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of individuals. Ability to make oral presentations and write clear detailed case notes. Ability to present a professional and positive demeanor to staff, funders, officials and the general public.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to represent the agency and respond professionally in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of treatment options and recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems. Ability to think analytically and conceptually on a long-term basis.
- Ability to negotiate clients down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decision
- Master’s Degree in Social Services field. Active LMSW or LPC-Intern. Maintain license and/or certifications as required by state regulations. Stay current in the field of mental health, counseling, case management and other related social services.
- 3+ years post master’s intake coordination and/or case management preferred. Experience working with Veteran and Military population highly preferred. Bilingual candidates are highly preferred.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Driver’s License with clear record.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency to conduct screenings and intakes at designated satellite locations. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook. 45 WPM, 95% accuracy.
- Knowledge of mental illness and mental health diagnoses. Knowledge of various treatment modalities and methods. Knowledge of community resources.
- Must have the ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time
- Ability to use telephone, PC, fax machine, copy machine, and printer
Click HERE to Apply!