With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Military Family Clinic at Metrocare is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker provides direct client care by conducting psychosocial assessments to clarify diagnosis and providing therapeutic services to Veteran families and children. With growth of this ground-breaking clinic, training and supervision involvement will increase.
Essential duties and responsibilities: (* Other duties may be assigned.)
- Provides therapeutic counseling services in accordance with clinical algorithms.
- Provides intake assessments, diagnostic formulations, and treatment plans for families/children.
- Implement objective measurement tools to track treatment outcome.
- Maintain all necessary documentation.
- Collaborate with case managers and treatment team to provide comprehensive care.
- Contributes to reports required by the Cohen Veterans Network.
- Assist with training and research as needed.
- Provision of occasional community presentations related to the mission of the clinic
- Attends all treatment team staffings and is alert to opportunities for promoting/providing psychosocial rehabilitation or use of community resources for clients.
- Assists with on-call services in accordance with clinic procedures.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
Education and experience:
- Licensed clinical social worker with a master’s degree in social work with specialized knowledge of mental health needs of veterans and their family members. Training and expertise in evidenced-based psychotherapies preferred.
- Experience with families and children is preferred.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- On a continuous basis, know laws, regulations and codes; problem solve clinic related issues; remember various rules; and explain and interpret policy.
- Analyze and implement program mandates.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Interpret and apply State and County policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups, advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, email and word processing programs
Certifications, Licenses, training, registrations:
- LCSW, LMFT
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities – Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
*No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters