Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Silver Spring, MD
Easterseals DC MD VA and the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC). Provide direct counseling services + evidence-based care for clients of the clinic. Provide clinical supervision under the State of Maryland LCPC board requirements for supervisors. The position requires a Master’s degree, 3+ years of experience at LCPC level, a LCPC license or license-eligible to practice in Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia or West Virginia, plus training and experience in counseling trauma and PTSD with individual, couples, and family CBT therapy.
Administration, Management, and Operations
· Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines, as needed, to provide the best care to patients
· Manage full caseload of veteran and family members and complete accurate and timely documentation in the electronic health record
· Actively participate in weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings
· Provide clinical supervision to LPC Fellow.
· Provide direct evidenced-based targeted short-term CBT-informed mental health services and referrals for veterans and their families. Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information. Scheduled approximately 30 hours of face to face client time per week.
· Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members
· Provide individual, couples, and family to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments
· Provide treatment in compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as Center policies, protocols and procedures
· The clinic offers a broad range of training opportunities for full-time staff to include:
o Cognitive Processing Therapy (6 month certification program)
o Prolonged Exposure Therapy (6 month certification program)
o Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Levels I and II)
o Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (intensive supervision and training)
o Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (certification track)
o Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (basics via Beck institute, Beck supervisor on staff for individual supervision) and additional CBT related training
o Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicide (consultation and advanced training)
o Layered/Group supervision of graduate students
o Supervision and clinical practice hours towards full licensure in Maryland and near-by states.
o Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for children
Exceptional Communicator: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means. Ability to present a positive and friendly demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, and clinic support personnel, funders and the general public. Ability to develop and provide oral presentations
Team Player: Ability to work as part of an effective multidisciplinary team
Exceptional Clinician: Proven capacity to deliver results through short-term therapy programs. Ability to identify and assess high risk veterans or family members and provide appropriate acute care intervention.
Technical: Ability to learn and appropriately utilize the electronic health record.
Decision Making: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems
Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations. Passion for and commitment to ESDCMDVA’s mission
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred. Experience working with military populations required
- Education: Master’s degree
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Must be licensed or license-eligible to practice in the state of Maryland, Virginia, DC, and West Virginia.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at the LCPC level
- Qualified to provide clinical supervision under the State of Maryland LCPC board requirements for supervisors.
- Experience working with or managing the care of adults, children, couples, and families
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses
- Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment
- Experience and training in providing cognitive behavioral therapy required. Preferred experience in short-term targeted therapy models.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred, experience working with military populations required
- Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a strong plus
Click HERE to Apply Now!