Licensed Therapist (Remote Flexibility)
About the Role:
The therapist will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The therapist will have training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. Clinician must have background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and adjustment disorders. Therapist will play a key role in delivering our model of care, which was built with several core elements in mind, including access, low wait times, treating the entire military family and serving veterans regardless of role or discharge status. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, couples, child, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBP’s: PE, CBT and CPT are required at time of hire or within a year of employment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families.
- Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information. Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed. Provide individual, couples, family, and child psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision and administrative meetings.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
As a Member of the Military Family Clinic, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Training: Have access to a wide range of trainings to support high-quality clinical practice, with a specific focus on evidence-based practices such as CBT, PE, CPT, and CBT-I, as well as population-specific trainings such as Military Cultural Competence and trainings focused on treating families, couples, and children/adolescents.
- Evidence Based Practices: Provide evidence-based treatment which is a systematic process of decision-making to include the best available research to guide treatment decisions and clinical practices in the context of patient characteristics.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team: Our clinic includes varied mental health specialties and who work together to meet the needs of our clients.
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- Exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, veteran or client first.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, clinic support personnel, funders, and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to negotiate veterans and their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors. Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Interest, desire, and passion in providing high quality evidence-based, time limited care.
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology;
Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW);
Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC);
Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- A minimum of three years’ experience. Experience working with adults, children, couples and families is required; Knowledge in DSDM-IV/DSM-V diagnosis is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required; Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBP’s: PE, CBT and CPT is required. Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology, social work, counseling and/or marriage and family therapy.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint and Access a plus.
- Knowledge of clinical services and community resources.
- Clinic Hours of Operation: 8:30am – 7pm Mon-Thurs and 8:30 – 3pm on Fridays. Employee should expect to work some evenings and weekends. Flexible schedules are available along with remote work opportunity.
Click HERE to Apply!