Manager, Online and Social Giving
Remote Silver Spring, MD Stamford, CT
CVN has embarked on a significant national digital fundraising campaign, partnering with a national digital fundraising agency for the initial stages of implementation. The Manager of Online and Social Media Giving is a crucial part of CVN’s investment in digital fundraising and will be responsible for implementing a strategic online and social media fundraising program. The Manager will be part of the Network Communications and Marketing team and will focus on converting existing and new website and social media audiences to donors and newsletter subscribers, and to help build a significant monthly giving program. The Director will help refine the strategy and process for the online giving program and will also be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the program at the network level.
The Manager will report to Director, Network Communications and Marketing.
• Project manage CVN’s online, direct response fundraising program across all channels, including digital and social media advertising, text, and email marketing working with Network Communications and Marketing team and external resources;
• Execute a comprehensive strategy to ensure the growth of online revenue through prospecting, acquisition, retention and cultivation; • Review copy and graphics development in detail and ensure alignment with CVN brand standards. Manage vendors for online marketing and outreach efforts;
• In collaboration with the Network Communications and Marketing team, project manage, review, edit and approve email communications, online advertising, social media, website content, and other fundraising materials aimed at increasing donations; • Manage and oversee content calendar;
• Review landing and donation pages to optimize donations, and oversee and implement testing plans to improve performance and increase revenue;
• Sustain and grow online giving and monthly giving programs with a particular focus on building new audiences as well as converting newsletter subscribers;
• Utilize Salesforce to streamline integration of communications systems with the database and maintain data integrity; • Ensure implementation of robust testing, segmentation, and optimization to maximize performance;
• Monitor program spending to ensure expenditures are within approved budget limits;
• Collaborate with Network Communications and Marketing and Advancement leadership to develop reports to analyze and track performance of the online giving program;
• 3 to 5 years of hands on experience managing direct response marketing campaigns with a recommended focus on online giving and fundraising.
• Knowledge of audience selection, segmentation and experience with online giving platforms is preferred. • Solid understanding of leveraging paid and owned channels for fundraising
• Proven ability to write and copy edit for an online audience at a professional level
• Experience with databases, audience segmentation and data integration
• Proven ability to work effectively across departments; strong interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills required with keen attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• A high level of expertise combined with a can-do attitude; willingness and ability to formulate a plan and personally implement down to smallest details
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: CohenManagerOnlineGiving@developmentguild.com