Manager, Online & Social Media Giving
Position Name: Manager, Online & Social Media Giving
Status: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Chief External Affairs Officer
Location: Stamford, CT
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a not for profit philanthropic organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support, with a particular focus on post-traumatic stress as well as other mental health conditions. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
As a Member of the Communications & Marketing Team, You Will:
CVN is seeking a seasoned and highly skilled Manager, Online & Social Media Giving. Reporting to the Chief External Affairs Officer, with close collaboration to the Senior Vice President of Advancement, the Manager is responsible for creating and implementing a strategic online and social media fundraising plan. The Manager will work with the External Affairs and Advancement teams to convert website and social media audiences to donors and newsletter subscribers, and to build a significant monthly giving program.
The Manager, Online & Social Media Giving will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the online giving program, as well as strategy. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Developing and executing online and social media fundraising campaigns, including renewals, monthly giving, year-end giving, and other special appeals, both on the national and local (clinic) levels;
- Growing and segmenting lists, cultivating donors, and prospects for fundraising success;
- Writing and editing email communications, online advertising, social media, website content, other marketing/fundraising materials aimed at increasing donations;
- Collaborating with the social media, design, business development, and engagement teams to optimize landing and donation pages, and implementing testing plans to improve performance and increase income;
- Analyzing data from website and Pardot analytics, and using to improve operations;
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot and Marketo
- Sustaining and growing online giving and monthly giving programs with particular focus on converting newsletter subscribers;
- Managing vendors, if needed, for online marketing and outreach efforts;
- Utilizing Salesforce to streamline integration of communications systems with the database and maintain data integrity;
- Collaborating with External Affairs and Advancement leadership to develop reports to analyze and track performance of the online giving program;
- Implementing email set-up, production, and delivery;
- Creating a strategy to encourage newsletter recipients (and others) to create their own online giving opportunities through social media (birthdays, anniversaries, wedding registries, etc.)
- Other projects, as assigned.
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small but important things that other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Substantial experience with online giving using Facebook, AmazonSmile, email and cross-channel marketing in for-profit or non-profit settings is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of leveraging owned channels for fundraising
- Proven ability to write for an online audience at a professional level
- Experience with databases, audience segmentation and data integration. Experience with Salesforce and Pardot and marketing automation tools such as Marketo is highly desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively across departments; strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through and the ability to meet deadlines
- A high level of expertise combined with a can-do attitude; willingness and ability to formulate a plan and personally implement down to smallest details
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
The programs and initiatives of Cohen Veterans Network are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive, and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. CVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Cohen Veterans Network offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefits package, and salary that is commensurate with industry standards.