Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports to: Network Systems Manager
About Cohen Veterans Network:
The Cohen Veterans Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation whose mission is to improve the quality of life for post-9/11 veterans and their families by focusing on improving mental health outcomes. The goal of the Cohen Veterans Network is to build a network of free or low-cost outpatient mental health clinics for veterans and their families in high-need communities, in which trained clinicians deliver holistic evidence-based care to treat mental health conditions, especially post-traumatic stress.
As a Member of the Team, You Will:
The EHR/Data Coordinator will play a key role in the advancement of the veterans mental health field by providing direct support to Clinics on CVN’s network-wide Electronic Health Record (EHR). This position will report directly to the Network Systems Manager.
Responsibilities of the EHR/Data Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team to support up to 7 clinics, serving as the primary point of contact for their EHR environment for training, data compliance, system assistance and support
- Work directly with Network Systems Manager to support the implementation of the EHR in new Clinics, to include initial setup, customization, testing, end user training and go-live support
- Work in cohesion with Network Systems team to ensure any system changes are aligned with network priorities
- Utilize Help Desk ticketing system that supports Clinics on EHR requests, questions and issues
- Provide timely, helpful and consistent responses and resolutions to all inquiries
- Provide effective support when interacting with end users to diagnose and problem solve issues
- Direct tasks to appropriate internal staff or EHR Vendor as necessary
- Support maintenance of knowledge base and all FAQ documentation
- Track usage reports (e.g. top submitters, top types of incidents, and frequency of tickets) to evaluate efficiency, system pain points, areas to retrain; make short-term and long-term recommendations on ways to address
- Assure compliance regarding data security
- Manage users accesses to ticketing system and provide training on system usage
- Conduct group and individual in-person and remote training for new incoming staff and re-training for current staff
- Support maintenance of documentation on processes, policies, system configuration, training guides and help related materials for end users
- Support all required testing and implementation pertaining to system upgrades and added functionality, such as new versions, patient portals, use of tablets and devices
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting- edge developments in your field.
Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and superb customer service skills
- Problem solver and self-starter who is resourceful and takes initiative
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently
- Extremely organized with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products
- Experience with Electronic Medical or Health Record Systems preferred (Significant training on CVN’s EHR provided)
- Ability to train/present to small to medium size groups with diverse experience levels, both in-person and virtually
- Experience in Internet security practices and HIPAA a plus
- Experience working in mental health or community health systems a plus
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Some travel required