At Alaska Behavior Health (AKBH), our mission is to promote recovery and wellness by providing consumer-driven behavioral healthcare services. We are excited to expand our services with the creation of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at AKBH to include satellite locations throughout the state. This clinic will provide evidence-based interventions to Active duty, military families, reservists, national guardsman, and military veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their family members. We are currently recruiting for an Office Manager who will be a key member of the Cohen Clinic. He/she will report to the Clinic Director and provide office administration. this person will support clinical, outreach, and case management staff as needed, and supervise the office assistant. In addition to managing clinic office administration, the Office Manager will also be responsible for the administration and monitoring of all CARF requirements, to include gathering and updating documentation and coordinating training on CARF requirements for clinic staff. The Office Manager will also serve as a key member of the billing team within clinic, including serving as a point of contact for CVN’s RCM Manager, ensuring claims denials are being resolved by clinicians, working proactively with clinicians to address trends in claim errors, and working with CVN’s RCM Manager on payor issues. As such, we seek a detail-oriented, organized, and analytical leader who will excel at the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the Cohen Clinic complies with AKBH’s policies and procedures regarding fiscal operations.
· Work as the liaison between the Cohen Clinic and the Chief Financial Officer.
· Manage the Clinic’s fiscal operations (i.e., budgeting, accounts receivables and payables, reconciliations, financial reporting, etc.).
· Work with the Intake Coordinator, Data Manager, Office Assistant and Clinic Director to coordinate the managed care billing process, manage local relationships with third party insurance, and ensure that the Clinic is in compliance with contractual and reimbursement policies.
· Work with the Clinic Director to coordinate the credentialing of each clinician for third party insurance.
· Maintain and monitor all financial records to ensure accuracy, completeness of data and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
· Assist clients with billing-related matters; assist clients and/or staff in resolving insurance-related problems.
· Establish policies and procedures regarding risk management and business continuity.
· Collaborate with Clinic staff and the Cohen Veterans Network around financial data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting, etc.
· Provide support to clinical, outreach, and case management staff as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated progress toward a bachelor’s from accredited college or university with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
· At least 5 years of experience working with third-party payers, coding, billing, posting, and adjudication of claims.
· At least 3 years of experience collecting, analyzing and reporting financial data.
· Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.
· Excellent customer service.
· Must been able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation includes a base salary range of $45k to $60k per year plus an annual performance-based incentive program. Benefits include:
· Medical insurance for employee and children
· 401(k) with up to a 5% employer match
· Dental insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life/AD&D Insurance
· Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 30 days/year Paid Time Off
· 10 Paid Holidays per year
· Relocation assistance available
Click HERE to Apply Now.