Virginia Beach, VA
The Outreach Manager will be responsible for managing and executing the clinic’s outreach strategy and developing the referral pipeline of clients to the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up
Center. Responsible for establishing relationships with community partners including veteran-service organizations, military service organizations, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, law enforcement, educational institutions, the faith-based community, and others, he/she will be a strong collaborator and maintain a focus on serving the needs of our military community. The Outreach Manager will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach engagements as needed. Recruitment will focus on reaching veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their family members.
The Outreach Manager must have strong organizational skills and good attention to detail, as well as good communication skills and an ability to work with multiple external partners. He/she must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-focused, results-driven, and community-oriented. He/she should possess both the ability to work with and train teammates, and sufficient self- direction to manage execution of projects individually.
- Develop and implement effective outreach activities, campaigns, and strategies to achieve the aims of the Military Family Clinic.
- Conduct outreach and establish and maintain relationships with potential referral sources and foster positive ties with veteran, government, military, and community organizations.
- Host and attend clinic and community events as a representative of the Clinic, The Up Center, and the Cohen Veterans Network.
- Report outreach efforts weekly to the Clinic Director and collaborate with clinical personnel to continuously improve the outreach process.
- Maintain and update a list of resources and organizations and other case management platforms for Clinic case managers to access efficiently.
- Communicate information about resources and community events to Clinic case managers and staff.
- Adhere to internal controls established and performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate communication, outreach, marketing, public relations, and media activities with The
Up Center and CVN marketing and development teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to parents, school personnel, licensing, staff, and the general public. Comfortable making public presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in difficult circumstances and emergencies.
Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems.
Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions.
- Ability to plan ahead several months to a year. Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately. Above normal levels of concentration and memory required. Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to train, evaluate, and guide employees. Ability to delegate and ensure follow-through.
Ability to provide feedback in a respectful and constructive manner.
- Familiarity with Hampton Roads and its military community strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Equally comfortable working collaboratively and independently
- Extremely high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two to five years of outreach and marketing experience; working knowledge of veterans, Active
Duty Service Members and their families. Significant military experience and/or veteran preferred.
- Prior experience in mental health outreach within the community and/or veteran organizations is preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office Applications and spreadsheet software.
- Must have the ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups.
- The ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential.
- Outgoing, pleasant, professional manner; demonstrated relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check requirements.
- Must have consistent access to a vehicle for transportation to outreach activities.
- Must have and maintain a working cell phone.
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- Outreach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Military: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Click HERE to Apply!