A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.
The Outreach Manager will be responsible for managing an outreach program focused on referral of clients to the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus through outreach to community partners including veteran service organizations, military service organizations, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, law enforcement, educational institutions, the faith-based community, the business community, other healthcare organizations and providers, and other local partners. The Outreach Manager will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach engagements as needed. Recruitment will focus on reaching veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their family members. The Outreach Manager will be responsible for evaluating the success of outreach initiatives and coordinating with other Outreach Managers across the network and especially with the Cohen Veterans Network central outreach team. Outreach activities may expand across Colorado and into other states and will include referrals through telehealth.
- Conduct outreach with and foster positive ties with potential referral sources.
- Develop strategy for outreach to meet enrollment targets for the Military Family Clinic and to raise the visibility of the clinic among various local communities.
- Conduct outreach meetings with potential referral sources to establish new partnerships and foster a positive image for the Military Family Clinic.
- Facilitate recurring local recruitment and outreach meeting.
- Continually track progress towards enrollment goals and report outreach activities and progress to the Clinic Director. Collaborate with clinical personnel to continuously improve the outreach process.
- Prepare outreach and community involvement reports for the Cohen Veterans Network Central Office.
- Adhere to internal controls established and performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage the local outreach budget.
- Collaborate on advancement and other philanthropic initiatives.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Diversity and Equity
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of Equity by email at email@example.com or by phone at (303) 315-2567.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years in an outreach or marketing position.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience managing programs, including direct responsibility for developing, executing, and communicating outreach and marketing activities in an academic, healthcare, military, or directly related area.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience developing and executing outreach and marketing activities.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience.
- Experience recruiting within the military and/or veteran community.
- Military background including being a military family member is strongly preferred.
- Experience in mental health outreach or related position.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business management skills.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain contacts in the community; and clearly articulate mission and goals of the Military Family Clinic.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to parents, school personnel, licensing, staff and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions.
- Ability to plan ahead several months to a year.
- Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately.
- Strong concentration and memory required; requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to train, evaluate and guide employees, to delegate and ensure follow through, and to provide feedback in a respectful and constructive manner.
- Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies.
Special Instructions to Applicants: *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Brittany Pittman at Brittany.Pittman@cuanschutz.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Position Number: 00734027