Part Time Clinician
The Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Clinician will have training Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. Clinician must have background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic
Stress Disorder and adjustment disorders. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT and CPT is required at time of hire or within a year of employment.
- Provides evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families
- Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information
- Conducts clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed
- Provides individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed
- Attends weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required
- Performs other duties as required
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, clinic support personnel, funders, and the general public
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies
- Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors
- Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions
- Interest, desire and passion in providing high quality evidence-based, time-limited care
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology; or a Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- A minimum of three years’ experience. Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required; Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required; Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT and CPT is required. Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology, social work, counseling and/or marriage and family therapy.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Employee should expect to work two evenings a week and some weekend days during the month to accommodate the schedules of the clients being served in addition to regularly scheduled hours.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint and Access a plus.
- Strong math skills.
- Knowledge of clinical services and community resources.
Benefits (Full-Time Staff Only)
- Employee Health Insurance for as low as $10 per month
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Professional Growth funds
- Paid Time-off
- Employer paid long term disability
All Red Rock BHS employees are required to be fully vaccinated, as per Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services Standards, unless otherwise exempt.
Click HERE to Apply Now!