Virginia Beach, VA
The Practice Manager reports to the Clinic Director. The Practice Manager’s primary roles include providing oversight to all clinic, administrative and fiscal operations, The Practice Manager works collaboratively with the Clinic Director to establish procedures and protocols that support the delivery of quality and effective services to Military Veterans and their families. The Practice Manager has a role in designing clinic office administration, supporting clinical staff, community outreach, and case management as needed as well as supervising the office assistant. As such, we seek a detail-oriented, organized and analytical leader who will excel at the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
- Ensure that the Clinic is operating in compliance with The Cohen Veteran’s Network policies and procedures regarding fiscal operations and service delivery.
- Function as the liaison between the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center and The Up Center’s Chief Financial
- Work with the Clinical Director to oversee patient service design that ensures quality of clinical treatment, access and customer service.
- Assist the Clinic Director in achieving a client centered service culture, among staff and other partners, that is Trauma Informed and Veteran Responsive.
- Participate with the Clinical Director in developing annual budgets and designing protocols that support analysis and achievement of budget projections.
- Managing the Clinic’s fiscal operations (i.e., accounts receivables and payables, reconciliations, financial reporting, ).
- Oversee managed care billing and discount reduction fee processes.
- Operate as point of contact for local relationships with 3rd party insurance companies and ensure that clinic operations are following contractual and reimbursement
- Work with the Clinic Director and CVN point of contact to coordinate the credentialing of each clinician (CAQH) for 3rd party insurance billing.
- Maintain and monitor all financial records to ensure accuracy, completeness of data and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations
- Provide oversight or direct intervention with clients with billing-related matters; assisting clients and/or staff in resolving insurance- related
- Establish and oversee policies and procedures regarding risk management and business
- Collaborate with clinic staff and the Cohen Veterans Network around financial data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting,
- Monitor implementation and adherence of CARF requirements.
- Strong Communicator, with demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers, members of the community and team members at all levels of an
- Team Builder with demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams and hold team accountable to achieve
- Strategic Thinker with proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision and move it towards operationalization.
- Multitasker with ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment with demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization.
- Comfortable rolling up one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Ability to work in a team or autonomously, to achieve goals.
- Has a passion for and commitment to the clinic’s
- Interpersonal political savvy demonstrated by ability to maneuver through complex situations effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated progress toward a bachelor’s from accredited college or university with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with 3rd-party payers, coding, billing, posting, and adjudication of
- At least 3 years of experience collecting, analyzing and reporting financial
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
- Experience working with or connection to military/veteran population is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check
- Must have and maintain a working cell
- The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- collecting, 3rd party payers: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules