The Prescribing Provider functions as a member of a collaborative interdisciplinary team, focused on providing time-limited, evidence-based practices in an outpatient clinic that serves individual adults, couples families and children. Diagnoses in this population may include mood and anxiety disorders, PTSD, transition and adjustment disorders, impulse control disorders, conduct and learning disorders, and mild developmental disorders. We do not provide long-term support for chronically mentally ill, moderate or severe neurodevelopmental or intellectual disorders.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders on a collaborative, interdisciplinary clinical team.
- Provides medication therapy and medication education as required.
- Maintains an active role in interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss evaluations and diagnostic formulations and to assist the team and the patient to develop an appropriate plan of service.
- Conducts mental status examinations.
- Timely documentation of treatment and recommendations in Electronic Health Record.
- Assures that psychiatric interventions are coordinated with the interventions of other professionals, and that other providers are kept informed of changes in the psychiatric condition/status of the individual receiving services.
- Reviews and approves discharge plan.
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Medical degree from an accredited college of medicine or Master’s degree in Psychiatric or Mental Health Nursing
- Board certification in child psychiatry or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Mental Health Nurse
- Practitioner certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Licensed to practice independently in [STATE], in good standing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines, including clinical and clerical staff
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and psychopharmacological treatment skills
- Strong clinical skills working with adults, children and families
- Familiarity with military culture, and experience working with military populations
- Strong dedication to workplace mentorship, education and team-based care
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus
Click HERE to Apply Now!