The University of Colorado is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) – Program Assistant I to join The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus team. With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the Clinic offers high quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
This role will report to the clinic director and will provide high-level healthcare administrative support for members of the Cohen team in addition to assisting with clinical and financial operations. The Program Assistant I also will provide backup support for the Clinic’s intake functions and front desk. As such, we seek a detail-oriented, organized and analytical team member who will excel at the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
Examples of Work Performed:
Client Care and Billing Support:
- Working with the Intake Coordinator and Clinic Director to develop and implement a managed care billing process, assisting with managing local relationships with 3rd party insurance and helping to ensure that the clinic follows contractual and reimbursement policies.
- Working with CU Medicine to assure all billing is submitted correctly and in a timely manner to assure appropriate reimbursement.
- Representing the clinic in assisting clients with billing-related matters; assisting clients and/or staff in resolving insurance related problems.
- Coordinate with the Clinic Director to release all requested records release, following clinic’s established processes and HIPAA guidelines.
- Calling in or faxing prescription refill requests for clinic patients per provider requests.
- Working with support staff and faculty to implement clinical processes to maintain efficient workflow.
Business Management Support:
- Acting as the on-site lead for all clinic procurements and contracts.
- Serving as liaison between the clinic and the Director of Finance and Administration for financial reporting.
- Entering data from client intake paperwork, surveys, and scanning documents into the EHR.
- Working with the QA team, ensure that all policies and processes are updated in SOP.
- Develops and maintains all appropriate forms and administrative documents.
- Performing data entry.
- Maintain accurate record of clinic inventory, updating and resupplying when needed.
Administrative Support for Cohen Team:
- Managing schedules.
- Booking flights, hotels and cars for all providers needing to attend out of state conferences.
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings for providers and the Clinic’s leadership team, including management of all meeting details (materials, meals, room reservations, parking etc.).
- Providing appointment charge sheets for the day.
- Developing and distributing binders/materials for use by the clinic’s team members for trainings and outreach.
- Maintaining familiarity with the clinic staff members and layout of the facility to assist patients/visitors.
- Act as a point of contact for patients and a liaison for patients attempting to reach their provider.
- Providing intake, receptionist, and general front office support.
- Functioning as a receptionist when the primary receptionist is unavailable.
- Managing and maintaining patient files.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $48,144 – $53,088.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- Four (4) years of general administrative experience in the healthcare industry or related experience.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Five or more years of administrative experience in the healthcare industry
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with 3rd-party payers, coding, billing, posting, and adjudication of claims.
- Experience collecting, analyzing and reporting clinical and/or financial data.
- Experience working with Veteran and Military population.
- Experience working in a medical or behavioral health practice.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization.
- Comfort rolling up one’s sleeves and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Passion for and commitment to the clinic’s mission.
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize workload when multiple competing requests are given concurrently.
- Basic PC skills with a proficiency in software such as Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, design and website content management software.
- Proficiency with electronic health records systems.
- Must be personable, friendly and work well under pressure, especially when assisting patients.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well with others on the team.
- Ability to answer a variety of questions effectively and keep traffic moving within the clinic is essential.
- Organizational office skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Strong written and verbal skills via phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders (patients, staff members, external visitors, vendors, drug reps, other University staff members, etc.).
- It is crucial that the individual in this position maintain a positive attitude and high level of professionalism to uphold our image to the public.
Click HERE to Apply Now!