Psychologist/ Licensed Therapist
The Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Clinician will have training Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. Clinician must have background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and adjustment disorders.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families.
- Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress
and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed.
- Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on
delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, director, case management
and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Shall have completed an APA accredited 2 internship/residency in professional psychology;
- or a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW);
- or a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC);
- or a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with adults, children, couples, and families required.
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment are required.
- Pass required background checks
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care
Valley Cities is a community behavioral health center established by the people of South King County in 1965. Today, we operate comprehensive outpatient clinics in Auburn, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Meridian (Northgate), Midway (Des Moines), Rainier Beach, and Renton.
6103 Mt Tacoma DR SW