The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Metrocare is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics creating an opportunity for Veterans and their families to receive free or low-cost outpatient mental health treatment. With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed chemical dependency counselors, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic will provide evidence-based, individually-tailored outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of Veterans, particularly post-9/11, and their families. www.CohenVeteransNetwork.org
The Intake Coordinator (IC) provides information on services and supports for which the Veteran and/or their family member may be eligible. Specifically, new referrals are contacted and scheduled for assessment within appropriate time frames. The IC performs screenings for individuals seeking services and supports; provides an explanation of services and supports; triages immediate needs in response to crisis situations; and liaises with clinicians and staff to meet referral needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (* Other duties may be assigned.)
- Screen Veterans and/or their family members by telephone and/or walk-in for service eligibility.
- Provide information on supports and services provided by the clinic.
- Triage immediate needs in response to crisis situations.
- Liaise with clinicians and staff to meet referral needs.
- Obtains release of information, consents, and other necessary forms during the intake process.
- Maintains confidentiality of information concerning Veterans and family members.
- Maintains required productivity levels as outlined in Center policies.
- Registers Veterans and/or family members in record keeping system.
- Document clinical activities in an automated record keeping system within 24 hours of providing service.
- Attends team staffing and is alert to opportunities for promoting/providing psychosocial rehabilitation or use of community resources for clients.
- Provides back-up coverage to front office staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (ex: data entry, project-based items).
- Maintain high standards of privacy in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Knowledge of human services delivery systems, Adequate telephone etiquette, Excellent organizational and time management skills, Effective interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal skills, Understanding of basic computer operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years experience in mental health or related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish, English) language skills are preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to utilize an automated clinical record keeping system
- Intermediate level MS Excel skills, email and word processing programs
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities – Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters