Responsible, for greeting and checking-in clients, notifying clinicians of client arrival, scheduling patients’ future appointments as required, organizing daily patient schedules, answering phone, triaging inquiries to appropriate locations, and facilitating clinician and patient administrative needs. This position is also responsible for preparation of billing information for billing services and obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the job.
- Implements and maintains designated processes in the assigned team. (including, but not limited to the following processes):
- Greets and directs consumers, vendors, and other visitors
- Registers client for visit.
- Answers and directs incoming calls
- Monitors clinician schedule in Evolv.
- Screens consumer needs, without making a clinical judgment.
- Completes Financial Assessment and Consents.
- Maintains 90% accuracy of demographic information in Evolv.
- Confirms payer and authorization before services are rendered.
- Prints and reviews face sheets and ensures issues are resolved.
- Confirms appointment with consumers at least one day before appointments.
- Calls No Shows for follow up on missed appointments.
- Maintains treatment & waiting rooms.
- Enters backup forms when system is down.
- Performs general office duties such as faxing and copying.
- Acts as the backup to the medical records clerk.
- Identifies front office needs and brings issues to the attention of the Business Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the ethical standards of conduct, state contract, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, and excellent communication skills.
- Able to establish positive and productive working relationships; Able to generate trust; Able and willing to give and receive honest, balanced feedback.
- Awareness of and responsiveness to cultural considerations including race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and religion/spirituality.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, clinic support personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Able to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Highly developed organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal or no supervision.
- Able to implement and monitor processes within team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate with some college or technical school/training with a minimum of 4 years of progressive customer service experience required
- Experience working with 3rd-party payors, coding, billing, posting and adjudication of claims is preferred
- Experience in medical/mental health office is preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Experience working within military community is preferred
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance up to $1500 per year
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefits
Click HERE to Apply Now!