With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed chemical dependency counselor, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic offers high-quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Cohen Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
Under the general direction of the Office Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily patient schedules, triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications and facilitating physician and patient administrative needs.
- Operate the main switchboard at the Cohen Clinic by routing calls, assisting with outgoing calls long distance calls, etc.
- Serves as the main receptionist for the Cohen Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing visitors and staff.
- Greet clients, copy photo identification and any insurance information for client file.
- Serves as primary back-up for Cohen Clinic staff in taking and distributing messages as needed.
- Reports problems with the telephone system to appropriate staff and coordinates with service personnel as needed to correct problems.
- Maintains current information on all clinic services and other community services to assist consumers, staff, and the general public in accessing the Cohen Clinic and other community services.
- Serves as general back-up to administrative support staff performing tasks such as faxing, preparing documentation for distribution internally or external mail out, copying, and meeting preparation.
- To properly direct calls to other locations/units/agencies.
- Cross-training support staff on switchboard coverage and mail operations.
- Serves as primary mail clerk for the clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting of outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off.
- Fax attendant, including retrieving, sorting, and distributing faxes to appropriate staff.
- Participate along with office manager in the managed care billing process responsibilities including discussion of insurance co-payment.
- Maintains a daily log of accounts receivable checks and consumer checks, mailed to the Cohen Clinic.
- Primary contact for external courier service.
- Supervises Shredder functions and staff and provides support as needed.
- Oversees functions of the day shift cleaning patrol and insurance coding and claims provides supervision as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good verbal communication skills, poise and ability to handle high volume telephone duty.
- Typing, filing, and general office skills.
- PC literate with knowledge of MS software.
- Willingness to learn new functions.
- Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups including advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs.
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
Apply with resume and cover letter to Nichole Ayres at firstname.lastname@example.org