Virginia Beach, VA
Under the general direction of the Practice Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for registering and scheduling clients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily client schedules, triaging incoming documents to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparing billing information for services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications and facilitating clinician and client administrative needs.
- Manage multi-line phone system at the Cohen Clinic by receiving, routing calls, processing calls etc.
- Serve as a receptionist for the Cohen Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing visitors and staff.
- Adhere to HIPAA, federal, state, local, and agency guidelines in protecting client privacy, health information, and applicable communications and documentation.
- Greet clients, verify identification, and obtain documents and information necessary for records maintenance, billing, and insurance claim processing.
- Report problems with the office equipment to appropriate staff and coordinate maintenance and repair as needed to correct problems.
- Serve as general back-up to administrative support staff
- Properly direct calls to other locations/units/agencies.
- Cross-train support staff on phone systems and customer service processes.
- Serve as assistant mail clerk for the clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting of outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off. Including facsimile transmissions
- Operate office equipment, process documents, and ensure appropriate inventory of office supplies.
- Participate along with office manager in the billing process responsibilities including client insurance benefits orientation and collection of insurance co-payment.
- Maintain a daily log of accounts receivables per policy
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned workspace, waiting areas, and check-in desk
- Present a professional image, maintaining a calm, professional manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good verbal communication skills, poise and ability to handle high volume telephones.
- Front office skills, including outstanding customer service skills
- Professional written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Experience using office equipment including high volume copiers, fax, and document scanning equipment.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Efficient time management in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new functions and skills.
- Ability to take initiative identifying resources and problem resolution.
- Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and collaboration abilities.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences and benefits of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups including advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and Office 365.
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
The Up Center is the oldest and largest child and family services agency in Hampton Roads and has been part of our community since 1883. Purposefully evolving over the years to meet the changing needs of our region, we continue the work of our predecessors by responding to the needs of our community’s most vulnerable children, families and individuals with a mission of changing trajectories from crisis to wholeness. This mission guides and directs the programs and services that we offer.
As one of the largest non-profit providers of evidenced-based mental health services in our region we provide personal and innovative services to approximately 10,000 children and adults each year. We have a deep understanding how trauma and mental illness impacts people’s and families’ ability to thrive. We work daily to transform both our services and the system of care in our community and have clearly stated strategic goals to both champion this need and to increase our capacity to provide critical services. We execute in collaboration with other organizations, invest in the professional development of our staff and are committed to using a trauma informed approach to focus on recovery and resilience and to promote equity, diversity and inclusion in all our work.
In 2018 The Up Center and Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) formed a partnership to establish The Steven
A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center. Opening in the spring of 2019, this location will provide short term mental health services to Veterans and military family members. The Outreach Manager will work as a key member of the Clinic’s leadership team and act as an advocate for the mental health needs of our veterans and their families.
With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed chemical dependency counselor, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic offers high quality, evidence-based, and personalized outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of veterans, particularly those from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Cohen Clinic is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics.
Click HERE to Apply Now!