As a leader of the Finance Team, You Will:
The Senior Accountant serves as a key member of the finance & compliance team and will play a key role in implementing the infrastructure and systems needed to support CVN’s strategic plan and substantial growth over the next three to five years
Finance Responsibilities – Central Office:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual audit schedules and providing supporting documentation
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice entries and weekly payments in check, wire or ACH including monthly EE expense reports.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement account reconciliation to ensure financial accuracy and related month-end close journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of the CVN Central Office budget and forecasts.
- Assists with the preparation of IRS Form 990-PF filing.
- Preparation of federal/state/local tax/ charitable solicitation filing registration and reporting
- Continually evaluate finance and accounting policies and systems for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all CVN central office finance and accounting policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ad hoc analytical work or projects as assigned by the SVP, Finance or Controller
Finance Responsibilities – Military Family Clinics:
- Participate in annual clinics financial audit to ensure compliance with grant agreement.
- Assist with maintaining consolidated analysis of the monthly clinic financial reports.
- Work with partner agencies that are funded by the CVN on all finance related items including budget preparation, monthly reporting, budget modifications and funding distributions
- Preparation of additional analysis and financial models as assigned by the SVP, Finance or Controller
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small but important things that other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- Willingness to travel. You are willing and able to travel to the clinic locations 10% of the time.
When You Join the Team, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Build relationships with a variety of people. You will constantly be working with others on projects, whether it is another individual at the CVN or an affiliate.
- Hone your communication skills. You will be one of the few connection points between every stakeholder in the recruiting process. You will develop your own style for communicating effectively, accurately relaying the feedback of others, and advocating for those who are absent from crucial conversations.
- Tracking project status and managing processes efficiently. You will grow your eye for detail and your ability to anticipate by alerting others to opportunities and potential roadblocks so processes move smoothly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- At least Five years of general accounting experience preferably in audit and FP&A
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, grant-funded project reporting, and budgets that include federal and foundation-based funding streams
- Industry knowledge of hospital, community clinics, behavioral health agencies, health insurance reimbursement, or academic medical centers is preferred.
- Knowledge of Concur, Financial Edge NXT or similar accounting software.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office particularly Excel.