Silver Spring, MD
Position Name: Telehealth Manager
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
About Cohen Veterans Network:
The Cohen Veterans Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation whose mission is to improve the quality of life for post-9/11 veterans and their families by focusing on improving mental health outcomes. The goal of the Cohen Veterans Network is to build a network of free or low-cost outpatient mental health clinics for veterans and their families in high-need communities, in which trained clinicians deliver holistic evidence-based care to treat mental health conditions, especially post-traumatic stress.
About the Role:
CVN is looking for a motivated, highly-organized, self-starter who can lead a crucial and rapidly growing telehealth program. CVN is deeply committed to providing best of class technology solutions that improve the lives of the veterans and military family members that we serve. The right candidate should be excited by cutting edge technology, highly experienced in managing large-scale projects, and passionate about the potential for using digital tools to transform how mental healthcare is delivered. This candidate will work collaboratively with all of the business teams in our Central Office, as well as with all of the clinics in our network.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the central point of contact for all telehealth development within CVN
- Work with third party vendor to implement telehealth technology and workflows in all of the clinics within our network, to include collaborating with CVN’s Network Systems team on integration with Electronic Health Record
- Work closely with CVN leadership to develop network growth strategies that innovatively leverage telehealth to serve hard-to-reach populations
- Work closely with our clinical programs team to develop and implement clinic workflows and train clinic staff
- Work closely with our operations team to ensure clinic facilities are set up optimally for telehealth integration
- Work closely with our external affairs team to develop and promote effective marketing strategies for telehealth
- Keep abreast of policy and legislative developments that impact the delivery of telehealth across the nation and work closely with our legal team to ensure all telehealth processes are in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Gather data to support business case development, analyses, and evaluation of various telehealth initiatives
- Review reports of activities to ensure progress and recommend ongoing improvements
- 3+ years experience of project/program management
- 3+ years experience in Mental Health, Health Policy, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related field
- Strong desire to support increased access to mental health care through the implementation of telehealth and evidence-based practice programs
- 2+ years utilizing telehealth and healthcare technology (electronic medical records, healthcare applications, videoconferencing software, etc.)
- High comfort level with using business-oriented technology (e.g., Office suite, Smartsheet, project management tools, etc.)
- High comfort level with working with clinicians and end users
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Moderate travel required
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.