Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where your skills and passion for delivering quality care make a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Metrocare is part of the Cohen Veterans Network, a national nonprofit (501c3) network of clinics creating an opportunity for Veterans and their families to receive free or low-cost outpatient mental health treatment. With a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, case managers, and veteran outreach workers, the clinic will provide evidence-based, individually-tailored outpatient mental health treatment tailored to meet the specific needs of Veterans, particularly post-9/11, and their families. www.CohenVeteransNetwork.org
The Clinical Psychologist provides direct client care by conducting assessments to clarify diagnosis and providing therapeutic services to Veterans or Veteran family members. Opportunities exist for development of research regarding effective treatments and models for community-based clinics for Veterans and families with PTSD and comorbidities. With growth of this ground-breaking clinic, training and supervision involvement will increase.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (* Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides therapeutic counseling services in accordance with clinical algorithms.
- Provides intake assessments, diagnostic formulations, and treatment plans.
- Implement objective measurement tools to track treatment outcome.
- Maintain all necessary documentation.
- Collaborate with case managers and treatment team to provide comprehensive care.
- Contributes to reports required by the Cohen Veterans Network.
- Assist with training and research.
- Provision of occasional community presentations related to the mission of the clinic.
- The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed clinician with a PsyD or Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with specialized knowledge of mental health needs of veterans and their family members.
- Training and expertise in evidenced-based psychotherapies and neuropsychology preferred.
- Experience across a range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include child, couples, family, and group treatment is preferred.
- Must have experience treating and diagnosing posttraumatic stress as well as comorbid diagnoses (e.g., anxiety), with evidence-based treatments and providing clinical supervision in these areas.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- On a continuous basis, know laws, regulations and codes; problem solve clinic related issues; remember various rules; and explain and interpret policy.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Metrocare policies and procedures.
- Analyze and implement program mandates.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Interpret and apply State and County policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups, advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, email and word processing programs
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, TRAINING, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed Psychologist
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Due to the multi-site responsibilities of this position the incumbent must be able to carry equipment and supplies (up to 20 pounds). The position requires standing and/or walking in excess of 7 hours a day.
- Travel as necessary.
- Flexibility required as responsibilities will include evening hours 1-2 days per week and/or a Saturday half-day commitment.
The work environment describe here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- The work environment should not be unusually hot or cold.This job description is a record of major aspects of the job, but is not an all-inclusive job contract. Dallas Metrocare Services maintains its status as an “at-will” employer and nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to guarantee employment for any length of time. Additional tasks may be assigned as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor. The position’s status conforms to the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended, and the employee has agreed to the standards methods of compensation in compliance with Center’s procedures and Federal Law.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefitsEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerTobacco Free Facilities – Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters