Training Manager, Clinical Programs
Silver Spring, MD
Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports to: Director, Training & Practice
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a not for profit philanthropic organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support, with a particular focus on post-traumatic stress as well as other mental health conditions. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
As a Member of the Clinical Programs Team, You Will:
Manage the development and implementation of the clinical and health systems training under the direction of the Director of Training and Practice, Clinical Programs. Responsibilities of the Training Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of a process to utilize the learning management system as a means of tracking training compliance
- Coordinate with clinics and subcontractors to manage and monitor employee participation and completion of training programs through Relias
- Coordinate the development of original training content in the learning management system
Clinical Training Program:
- Provide technological and facilitation support for training activities
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly clinical webinar programing
- Manage contracted training consultants
- Assist in the production of online and live clinical training courses
- Manage enrollments and registration for all CVN training activities
- Provide tracking and clinic-based support for training guideline implementation
- Produces routine reports on training compliance across the network
- Assist in ongoing quality improvement activities as it relates to network-wide training
- Assist clinicians in the utilization of clinical consultation program through CVN’s online platform
- Coordinate with Director of Training and Practice, Clinical Programs, to ensure accurate reporting on training programs and outcomes
- Manage applications, credentialing and audit requirements for ongoing continuing education credits through credentialing bodies
- Manage provision of continuing education credits across the network
- Utilizes training portal to generate cross network interest in training activities
Cohen Scholars Program:
- Assist in the management of the clinic-based training opportunities for interns
- Assist in development of school-based partners for both clinic and central office internship opportunities
- Audit internship standards network-wide
- Document and evaluate projects thoroughly
- Work with CVN leadership to continuously evaluate and prioritize project list to align with strategic goals
- Complete projects on or ahead of time
- Demonstrate excellent ability to shift between unique and different projects seamlessly
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- Bachelors Degree required, masters preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work co-operatively as a member of a team.
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Experience coordinating and facilitating effective meetings and/or learning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and complete tasks within timelines.
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Some travel to clinic locations and national conferences will be required
- Some evening hours required
- Veteran or military spouse strongly preferred
- Current knowledge of basic mental health practices preferred