Vice President, Data Science/Senior Data Architect
We are looking to add a Vice President, Data Science/Senior Data Architect to our team. Reporting to CVN’s Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for end-to-end data architecture with cloud-first perspective on Azure and will lead the data team comprised of employees and consultants. Leading the Data science team and collaborating with and across various CVN departments, you will design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in Microsoft Azure Data Platform. You will also lead the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions. This role will require staying on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization. You will also be Assisting in the hiring of top engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to our values, culture, and passion. Specifically, you will:
- Defines architecture recommendations for data pipelines, CDC process, Data load mechanism, error handling, data reconciliation, audit balance control using Azure cloud technologies.
- Leads the creation of a long-term strategic roadmap for the Data architecture of all IT systems.
- Provides technical expertise across the enterprise for Data Architecture on projects and initiatives.
- Builds a strong quality assurance practice where every report and dashboard has accountable parties assigned to ensure accuracy, integrity and currency of data.
- Analyzes enterprise business context (e.g., trends and business strategy) and change requirements in other architecture viewpoints to derive the best fit data architecture ‘future state.
- Defines, communicates, and documents the data architecture patterns, standards, and technologies.
- Leads analysis of the ‘current technology environment driving enterprise data flow. to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Defines metrics to measure and demonstrate architectural value.
- Understands, advocates, and augments the business and IT strategies (i.e., architecture development and service delivery).
- Understands all the system components and recommends innovative approaches to meeting business requirements and service level agreements.
- Leads modernization initiatives to progress organization maturity.
- Applies architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability.
- Works with CVN’s Chief Information Officer to set and execute the long-term strategy and appropriate organizational structure for the Data Sciences function.
- Works with the CIO in communicating the vision for the data hub to relevant leaders and stakeholders.
- Supervises the Data Sciences team, Serves as a technical and thought leader for the Data Science function and grows the technical capabilities of the team.
- Acts as a champion and agent of change. Continually assesses Data Science priorities, organizational structure, resource allocation, tools/technologies, and processes. Identifies ways to improve and proactively drives change through Data Science and partner organizations
- 10-15 years in Data management, 4+ years in working as Data Architect in a Azure cloud environment
- Azure Solution Architect, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks, Azure DevOps, PowerBI.
- Preferable experience in healthcare data technology skills: FHIR, HL7, Azure Cloud Data Architecture, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Spark, Building and designing Data Pipelines, TSQL, scripting languages – PowerShell/Python/Scala/SSRS
- Advanced level proficiency with statistical, artificial intelligence, and machine learning techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, deep learning, support vector machines, supervised / unsupervised clustering techniques, natural language processing, experimental test design, etc.
- Expertise in AI-enabling platforms and tools such as cloud computing, data science development environments, Python, and emerging MLOps technologies.
- Nice to have/Preferred: Azure Logic Apps, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Possess excellent architecture, design and coding skills and a zeal for owning the complete SDLC of building applications in a DevOps environment
- Possess a strong sense of software engineering craftsmanship, take pride in your code
- Thrive in collaborative agile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of software engineering solutions
- Some travel required
We take care of our people
- Fully paid health care benefits
- Generous leave policies
- Substantial PTO and sick leave
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Support a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture which empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives and make a difference in the lives of who we serve
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Company teambuilding events
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Click HERE to apply now!