Vice President, Revenue Cycle & Billing Operations
As a Member of the Cohen Veterans Network Team:
The Vice President of Revenue Cycle & Billing Operations will serve as the relationship owner between CVN Central Office and the Cohen Veterans Network clinics on all operational matters related to the revenue cycle, including but not limited to professional billing, collection, and regulatory compliance. This role will serve as the billing process expert to work between all CVN departments (e.g., Network Systems, Clinical Programs, Communications and Operations, etc.) and CVN clinics.
As the internal subject matter expert, the Vice President of Revenue Cycle & Billing Operations responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibits superlative change management skills required to lead the Revenue Cycle & Billing Operations Team through continual, pervasive, and health system focused changes using established best practices and/or industry-guided processes.
- Collaborating with senior management, other department leaders and partner clinic staff to establish and implement long- and short-term strategic plans and objectives for healthcare revenue cycle information systems success across the organization.
- Managing and implementing current and future best practices for revenue cycle functions to allow for all practices to be efficient and market relevant.
- Managing the daily operations of the Central Office Billing Department, including the supervision, support, education, and mentoring of RC Support Staff; providing leadership and guidance to successfully complete daily tasks, special projects, and to provide robust analysis and solutions to meet client/clinic/central office needs, as it relates to revenue cycle activities.
- Instilling accountability for high-quality, customer satisfaction, and results in the department’s personnel and culture.
- Providing clear channels of communication, delegation, and accountability in
each area for effective problem solving, supervision, and ongoing enhancement
of the revenue cycle.
- Conducting monthly status meetings (pre-clinic meetings) with RC Billing staff to ensure that standard reports, proactive analysis, and follow-up action items are translated into actionable clinic strategies.
- Attending CST meetings as needed in support of the RC Billing staff.
- Managing payer and vendor contract negotiations and ongoing relations (at the national level and assisting clinics at the local level, as needed).
- Overseeing the implementation of and all operational procedures for the CVN managed care contracts.
- Leading and assuming responsibility for Revenue Cycle data integrity and associated initiatives.
- Developing key billing KPIs and frequent reporting that provides insight to client accounting included billing, collections, and reimbursement analysis while holding owners of process (internal or external) accountable.
- Creating and managing annual department operating and capital budgets and strategic financial plans.
- Monitoring variance of actual expense to budget and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Participating in special projects as needed, including evaluating feasibility of managed care program development as it pertains to payer operational requirements and related policies.
- Staying current with billing trends and making recommendations in anticipation of, or in response to, a changing managed care environment.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are current and in compliance with applicable government or payer regulations and standards.
Allocation of Time:
30% Oversee, lead, guide, mentor the Revenue Cycle & Billing Operations Team
30% Oversee coordination between/develop solid working relationships with central office departments and CVN clinic partners
20% Staff Development
15% Payor Contract Management
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- An experienced manager. You must be able to successfully manage the staff employed by our clinic partners, as well as directly manage the assigned staff employed by CVN.
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small, but important things, which other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
When You Join the Team, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Build relationships with a variety of people. You will constantly be working with others on projects, whether it is another individual at the CVN or an affiliate.
- Hone your communication skills. You will be one of the few connection points between every stakeholder in the project management process. You will develop your own style for communicating effectively, accurately relaying the feedback of others, and advocating for those who are absent from crucial conversations.
- Tracking project status and managing processes efficiently. You will grow your eye for detail and your ability to anticipate by alerting others to opportunities and potential roadblocks so processes move smoothly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred OR a minimum of 5 years’ healthcare revenue cycle management experience, preferably with working knowledge of behavioral health
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in professional billing, payer or third-party contracting, negotiating, reimbursement, and analytics experience particularly with TRICARE, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and/or other private payers.
- Experience with layered entities (i.e., multiple systems, multiple states, etc.)
- Highly knowledgeable in billing systems, forms, reports, etc.
- Ability to work in data systems/Electronic Health Records (EHR); prefer experience with Cerner applications
- Experience managing an RCM team
- Certified coder experience a plus
- Veteran, Military Spouse, or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Moderate travel required
Click HERE to Apply Now!