Case Manager rovides comprehensive case management to Veterans and their families who are clients at the Cohen Military Family Clinic. To provide quality of life and maintain the highest possible ability to function within the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate for and facilitate Veterans’ access to community resources; housing assistance, utility assistance, and relevant community services and benefits. Build database of community resources. Provide referrals to community resources as needed.
- Conduct Case Management Resource Assessments. Provide Back up to Intake by Conducting initial intake meeting with clients for admission to Cohen MFC. Evaluate individual and family needs. Complete service plan with Veteran including housing and other related needs. Coordinate and monitor services, including comprehensive tracking of Veteran activities in relation to service plan and Housing Inspections. Document detailed case notes, daily; maintain comprehensive client files. Prepare reports as requested by Lead Case Manager, Program Manager and/or Quality Assurance
- Coordinate with Financial Assistance Coordinator for payment to third parties. Keep Veteran informed of actions/payments being made.
- Meet regularly with Lead Clinician to staff case load. Provide on-going program evaluation and recommendations to the Lead Clinician and Program Manager for continuous growth and quality.
- Be active in and network at monthly Veteran community groups. Provide presentations at various community groups within the greater metropolitan and surrounding area. Promote the success and reputation of the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to “Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.”
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related field.
EXPERIENCE: 1+ years case management experience; 3+ years preferred. 2+ years in a customer service focused environment. Experience with homeless, low income, veterans & their families a strong plus.
LICENSES: LMSW, preferred. Driver’s License with clear record required.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice. Up to 30% travel within county and surrounding areas.
OTHER: Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
Preferential hiring consideration given to Veterans or military spouses.
Click HERE to Apply Now!