Job Title: Case Manager, Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Centerstone, Clarksville
Status: Full-time Exempt
Date Prepared: 2/19/2018
Program: Cohen Veterans Network
Supervised By: Clinic Director
Summary of Job:
The Case Manager is part of a multidisciplinary clinical team who serves as the bridge between clinical services and essential community resources. The Case Manager facilitates direct referrals for housing, employment, healthcare, legal, educational, peer-support and all other essential community-based needs for clinic clients. The Case Manager manages referral partnerships by continuous engagement post-referral, ensuring the provision of quality care. The Case Manager assists the clinical team in understanding resources and needs within the clinic community. The Case Manager is estimated to support ~250 patients/year or 70 patients at a time (based on expected utilization levels).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive case management to veterans and their families who are seeking mental health services.
- Interviews veterans and their family members.
- Provides appropriate referrals and follow-up as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains confidential case records and documentation in the electronic health record.
- Consults with service providers and community partners on resource-related issues.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Collaborates with clinical team to perform risk management and crisis intervention services as necessary.
- Develops network of trusted contacts within organizations in which to refer and coordinate care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Establishes and maintains follow-up procedures to ensure veterans and/or their family received the services they were referred to and do not have any follow up needs.
- Assists veterans and their family members in navigating service providers across multiple systems of care.
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ year’s case management experience; 3+ years preferred. 2+ years in a customer service focused environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working with local social service, public health, and VSO organizations and resources.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership capacity and ability to foster team-building and a supportive, flexible environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public. Ability to make oral presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Flexible and able to adapt to change. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint a plus. History of documenting within an electronic health record preferred.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Strong math skills. Ability to assist veterans in developing a budget.
- Crisis management skills preferred.
- Knowledge of case management services and community resources.
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.