Virginia Beach, VA
The Case Manager is part of a multidisciplinary clinical team who serves as the bridge between clinical services and essential community resources. The Case Manager facilitates direct referrals for housing, employment, healthcare, legal, educational, peer-support and all other essential community-based needs for clinic clients. The Case Manager manages referral partnerships by continuous engagement post- referral, ensuring the provision of quality care. The Case Manager assists the clinical team in understanding resources and needs within the clients’ community. The Case Manager is estimated to support ~250 patients/year or 70 patients at a time (based on expected utilization levels).
- Provides comprehensive case management to veterans and their families who are seeking mental health services.
- Interviews veterans and their family members.
- Provides appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains confidential case records.
- Consults with service providers and community partners on resource-related issues.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Collaborates with clinical team to perform risk management and crisis intervention services as necessary.
- Develops network of trusted contacts within organizations in which to refer and coordinate care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Follows care follow-up procedures to ensure veterans and/or their family received the services they were referred to and do not have any follow up needs.
- Assists veterans and their family members to navigate service providers across multiple systems of care.
- Provides services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to adapt to change. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel: PowerPoint and Access a plus.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work-related problems.
- Ability to maintain boundaries.
- Strong math skills. Ability to assist veterans in developing a budget.
- Ability to negotiate veterans or their family members down from stressful situations, potential threatening behaviors.
- Ability to persuade clients to make appropriate life decisions.
- Knowledge of case management services and community resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ year’s case management experience; 3+ years preferred. 2+ years in a customer service focused environment.
- Knowledge of/experience working with local social service, public health, and VSO organizations and resources.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population is preferred.
- Must demonstrate leadership capacity and ability to foster team-building and a supportive, flexible environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Must have proficient computer skills and command of Word and Excel,
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet background check
- Must have and maintain a working cell
The Up Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, military, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules