At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Clinic Director leads an interdisciplinary team, focused on providing time-limited, evidence-based practices in an outpatient clinic that serves individual adults, couples families and children. As the clinical and administrative leader, the Clinic Director is responsible for creating and sustaining a clinical program that meets the highest standards of evidence-based practice and quality care. The Clinic Director is responsible for creating and monitoring best clinical and administrative practice standards at every level of the clinic. Both the Regional Director and the Clinic Director interface with the Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) Central Office, and are the primary conduits of the CVN mission, policies, and communications to the clinic. The Clinic Director will be a full-time employee of the clinic, but may spend part of her/his time performing patient-facing clinical work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all clinical operations (e.g. clinical care, staffing, training, measurement and evaluation, credentialing and billing)
- Provide overall clinical and administrative supervision for the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Centerstone staff, including weekly clinical supervision for therapists, crisis management support as needed, and management of a trauma-focused, clinical training program in effective treatment modalities.
- Manage intake process for new patients, including supporting intake workers as needed and leading weekly disposition meetings for the clinical team to assign and present cases.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups, advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Ensure the clinic and its staff actively communicate with the CVN Central Office, participate in CVN meetings/events/activities, and contribute to the overall network. Through leadership, develop and foster a culture of collaboration, peer consultation, and commitment to ongoing education and professional improvement.
- On a continuous basis, interpret and evaluate staff reports; know laws, regulations and codes; observe performance and evaluate staff; problem solve clinic related issues; remember various rules; and explain and interpret policy.
- Master’s in Psychology, Social Work or Nursing (or related degree), Doctoral Degree in Psychology (PhD, PsyD, EdD), or Medical Degree (MD or DO) with specialty in Psychiatry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate (independent practice) Florida state licensure.
7+ years’ clinical experience in behavioral healthcare.
- Experience leading, managing, and/or supervising in a behavioral health clinical setting.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and ability to foster teamwork and a supportive flexible environment.
- Experience across a range of modalities beyond individual adult treatment to include child, couples, and family treatment is preferred.
- Experience working with a military or veteran population to include cultural competence.
- Must have experience treating and diagnosing PTSD as well as co-morbid diagnoses (e.g., SUD, depression, anxiety), with evidence-based treatments and providing clinical supervision in these areas.
- Experience with credentialing and billing practices preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of subordinate staff and trainees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will supervise all staff at the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Centerstone, Jacksonville, FL.
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
Health & Wellness:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education.
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically.
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders.
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes.
Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.