The MFC clinician will provide treatment to Veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The clinician will have training and experience in trauma and Post Traumatic Stress and will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following EBP’s: PE, CBT and CPT is required.
Essential Job Responbsibilities:
- Provide direct service including treatment for Veterans and their families. A minimum of 26 contact hours with clients is expected weekly.
- Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information. Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed. Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly MFC clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to “Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.” Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION: Have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program. Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in professional psychology; or a Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years’ experience. Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required; Knowledge in DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required; Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBP’s: PE, CBT and CPT is required. Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
LICENSES: Have and maintain a current Texas license to practice psychology, social work, counseling and/or marriage and family therapy.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice and possess a valid driver’s license.
OTHER: Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Employee should expect to work two evenings a week and some weekend days during the month to accommodate the schedules of the clients being served in addition to regularly scheduled hours.
Click HERE to Apply Now!